Astros new owner KC Native

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Astros new owner KC Native

Post by brewcrew1000 »

It looks like the Astros have a new owner and by reading this article it looks like he was a KC native (not positive though), name is Jim Crane, once played ball at Central Missouri
Too bad his large logisitics company isn't HQ in the KC area because he it looks like his family is very active in the Houston community, donating money to the arts,etc

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetai ... jim-crane/

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/20 ... -baseball/
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Astros new owner KC Native

Post by KCMax »

From what I have heard he has a pretty controversial past with labor relations and discrimination accusations. Not sure if that's holding up his ownership bid (seems like its been delayed all summer). What could also be holding it back is MLB wants to move the Astros to the American League, and maybe he's balking or negotiating on that point.

David Glass and the old Astros owner - Drayton McLane - were pretty close. Wonder if Glass knows this guy?

EDIT: I see the move was approved today, and they will in fact move to the AL.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Astros new owner KC Native

Post by Highlander »

KCMax wrote:From what I have heard he has a pretty controversial past with labor relations and discrimination accusations. Not sure if that's holding up his ownership bid (seems like its been delayed all summer). What could also be holding it back is MLB wants to move the Astros to the American League, and maybe he's balking or negotiating on that point.

David Glass and the old Astros owner - Drayton McLane - were pretty close. Wonder if Glass knows this guy?

EDIT: I see the move was approved today, and they will in fact move to the AL.
The owner is from St Louis actually. He is hated in among baseball fans in Houston for letting the Astros go to the AL. I kind of like the move because it puts the Royals down here every summer for at least one series.