If you had the option to watch Royals games via MLB.tv, would you subscribe?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.

If you had the option to watch Royals games via MLB.tv, in KC, would you subscribe to the service?

Yes
63%
No
38%

Total votes: 8

smh
Supporter

If you had the option to watch Royals games via MLB.tv, would you subscribe?

Post by smh »

Currently Royals games are blacked out in KC. I choose not to subscribe to cable television. I would much rather pay MLB.tv $100 a season or whatever than only be able to listen on the radio, go to bars all the time, or sign-up for pay tv.

Thoughts?
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: If you had the option to watch Royals games via MLB.tv, would you subscribe?

Post by kcmetro »

If they were actually worth a shit, yes.  But as it stands now, no.  I'm just glad all their games are on cable.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: If you had the option to watch Royals games via MLB.tv, would you subscribe?

Post by KCMax »

Probably. The only thing keeping me from ditching cable is live sporting events. If I could get MLB, NFL and NCAA hoops via internet, I'd lose cable forever.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I have mlb.tv since I don't live in KC.  I've heard people complain a lot about it being buggy, but I've never encountered any bugs myself and the picture quality is good (HD if you've got enough bandwidth).  You're never going to be able to use mlb.tv to watch the Royals in KC though, unless you connect through a proxy or something, so it seems like kind of a moot point.  You can use Gameday Audio though, that's not blacked out anywhere.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

KCMax wrote: Probably. The only thing keeping me from ditching cable is live sporting events. If I could get MLB, NFL and NCAA hoops via internet, I'd lose cable forever.
I'm in the same boat, except add "Mad Men" to the list ( & there's ways of getting around that ) .
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

phuqueue wrote: I have mlb.tv since I don't live in KC.  I've heard people complain a lot about it being buggy, but I've never encountered any bugs myself and the picture quality is good (HD if you've got enough bandwidth).  You're never going to be able to use mlb.tv to watch the Royals in KC though, unless you connect through a proxy or something, so it seems like kind of a moot point.  You can use Gameday Audio though, that's not blacked out anywhere.
It didn’t bother me until MLB finally got wise to the only radio station on the Royals Radio Network that broadcasted online during games…allegedly. While I own an AM radio, the sound quality in the house is pretty poor because the antenna isn’t big enough—and it is a tiny clock radio in the bedroom.
"It's only when you leave Kansas City do you realize truly how great a city it is. ... If you have to go away, go away for a while. You'll be back. And when you come back, bring your ideas and willingness to make Kansas City the best."- Sly James
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I mean Gameday Audio costs twenty bucks a year or comes free with mlb.tv subscription, I can understand being annoyed at MLB for taking down the station that was broadcasting games, but you don't exactly have to break the bank to fix it.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

phuqueue wrote: I mean Gameday Audio costs twenty bucks a year or comes free with mlb.tv subscription, I can understand being annoyed at MLB for taking down the station that was broadcasting games, but you don't exactly have to break the bank to fix it.

It’s true. I just wish they’d give up the pointless* blackout restrictions. Media wants to be free of restrictions, etc. etc.

*to me.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

DiggityDawg wrote: I'm in the same boat, except add "Mad Men" to the list ( & there's ways of getting around that ) .
Yeah, Netflix...
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin