2011 - 2012 College Football Season

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: 2011 - 2012 College Football Season

Post by KC-wildcat »

http://www.kstatesports.com/weststadium ... tails.html

New "West Stadium Center" coming Fall of 2013.

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I love those renderings. It looks like a castle...a purple palace. I have got to go see a game in Manhattan when it's finished.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Yeah, it's one of the few giant press boxes I've seen that isn't overly gaudy and awful. It also fits in really well with the rest of the buildings on campus. It's sort of a cross between Nichols Hall and Hale Library.

And the thing that nobody's talking about: the limestone wall around the field. I think that's going to beautify the stadium more than anything, especially on TV.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Love the hommage to Nichols hall. Nice work. Firm has yo have some ksu grads drawing that up.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote:Yeah, it's one of the few giant press boxes I've seen that isn't overly gaudy and awful. It also fits in really well with the rest of the buildings on campus. It's sort of a cross between Nichols Hall and Hale Library.

And the thing that nobody's talking about: the limestone wall around the field. I think that's going to beautify the stadium more than anything, especially on TV.
Unfortunately, the limestone wall won't be installed until Phase 3. So, sometime after 2013.. Which has never made sense to me as the cost would be low and the immediate impact high.

Good call on Nichols and Hale. I think that's exactly what they were trying to incorporate.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

like to see them add more seats.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Why more seats? Higher priced seats are what is in demand. That's what are being added.

On another note, this is pretty awesome pic of the entire cotton bowl. Should be able to see yourself if you were there. Unfortunately I wasn't in my seat.

http://gigapixelfancam.com/fancams/foot ... /20120106/
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCPowercat wrote:Why more seats? Higher priced seats are what is in demand. That's what are being added.

On another note, this is pretty awesome pic of the entire cotton bowl. Should be able to see yourself if you were there. Unfortunately I wasn't in my seat.

So the stadium can seat more than 50,000 which is on par with Texas high schools.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

NDTeve wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:Why more seats? Higher priced seats are what is in demand. That's what are being added.

So the stadium can seat more than 50,000 which is on par with Texas high schools.
There are possible seating additions slated for later phases, if demand is there.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

It the mean time, it will be the best 50,000-seat stadium in college football.

Mizzou is expected to announce stadium renovation plans later this year, which includes adding seats (so that fans of the opposing team have somewhere to sit, I guess).
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

There are 7 programs in the top 25 with less than ksu capacity (52,200) and two others within 2000 seats. 6 of those 9 are bcs level schools.

Way more factors to consider when adding seating capacity. Given ksu smaller student population and tiny state population I think it makes way more sense to add 1 seat at $1000 a season that's is being asked for vs 10 seats at $100 a season
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

Yeah, capacity isn't really an issue at this point. Premium seating is the issue. If demand is there, seating capacity will be integrated into Phase 3, Phase 4 of the master plan. (closing in corners of bowl in north end is a realistic way of boosting capacity to 60K). KSU just doesn't have the demographic for a larger stadium in the near future.

KSU capacity will be aroud 52-55K.

KU - 50K
BU - 50K
TCU - 50K
ISU - 50-55K
OSU - 60K
Tech - 60K
WVU - 60K

OU - 82K
UT - 100K
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

BTW my numbers came from wikipedia so take it for what its worth.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

AllThingsKC wrote:You don't have to look to the Cotton Bowl to see how great the SEC is. There's always the National Championship game for that.
This game isn't proving that AT ALL. wow.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote:This game isn't proving that AT ALL. wow.
Well, I wasn't talking about just this game, but rather all the NC games combined.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

KCPowercat wrote:
AllThingsKC wrote:You don't have to look to the Cotton Bowl to see how great the SEC is. There's always the National Championship game for that.
This game isn't proving that AT ALL. wow.
I for one loved the game because I fell asleep earlier than I have in years.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Even though the actual game may have been a snoozer, I still think having 2 teams from the same conference in the NC game really shows the "greatness" of that conference.

Thank you, Dan Bebee, for rejecting the SEC's and ACC's proposal for a tournament-style playoff in 2008.

"There is a strong feeling in Big 12 that what we have is working well...there's great satisfaction with the regular season and postseason." - Dan Bebee, April 2008.

So, shouldn't Big 12 fans be happy? The Big 12 got what it wanted and it has "great satisfaction."
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Where do you come up with fans of a big 12 automatically supporting everything the conference does. That's pretty flawed logic. Very few fans blindly support their conference. Only big 10 and sec fans seem to do that.

Flawed bcs ratings don't prove those were the two best schools playing last night.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

AllThingsKC wrote:Even though the actual game may have been a snoozer, I still think having 2 teams from the same conference in the NC game really shows the "greatness" of that conference.

Thank you, Dan Bebee, for rejecting the SEC's and ACC's proposal for a tournament-style playoff in 2008.

"There is a strong feeling in Big 12 that what we have is working well...there's great satisfaction with the regular season and postseason." - Dan Bebee, April 2008.

So, shouldn't Big 12 fans be happy? The Big 12 got what it wanted and it has "great satisfaction."
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote:Where do you come up with fans of a big 12 automatically supporting everything the conference does. That's pretty flawed logic. Very few fans blindly support their conference. Only big 10 and sec fans seem to do that.
Of course fans and schools will disagree with the Commissioner. I bet it happens in every conference. But, Dan Bebee was the representative for Big 12 schools. What angers me is that he's gone now, but Big 12 schools are still getting screwed over at Bowl time because of his choices and lack of forward-thinking.
KCPowercat wrote:Flawed bcs ratings don't prove those were the two best schools playing last night.
Completely agree! Alabama taught us the best way to win an NC is to NOT win your own division. Crazy. We had a chance to fix that flawed system, and Dan Bebee did nothing. That's what I hate. (Can you tell I'm not a fan of Dan Bebee?)