2011 Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2011 Chiefs

Post by KCMax »

Michael Coleman of KCTV5 reports the Chiefs are interviewing former Jags coach Jack Del Rio

Bob Gretz reports the Chiefs will interview Jeff Fisher

There are also reports the Chiefs interviewed Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin for the head coaching position.

Sam Mellinger and Michael Lombardi have reported the Chiefs will NOT interview former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

Todd Haley is also rumored to be talking with the Cardinals about returning to his old job as offensive coordinator.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

KCMax wrote:Michael Coleman of KCTV5 reports the Chiefs are interviewing former Jags coach Jack Del Rio

I'm sure Otis Taylor is thrilled.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

The Kansas City Chiefs plan to retain interim head coach Romeo Crennel, according to league sources.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

shinatoo wrote:
The Kansas City Chiefs plan to retain interim head coach Romeo Crennel, according to league sources.
Its Gunther Cunningham 2.0!

Now if only we could have a mediocre QB like Gunther had...oh wait, we have two!
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

pash wrote: His players actually seem to like him, for one.
Back in 86/87 the players really loved special teams Frank "Crash" Gansz. With so much love 8 of them went to Lamar Hunt and had John Mackovic fired (after a playoff appearence - first in 15 years) and replaced by Crash. This was after Crash resigned from the Chiefs to pursue other opportunities.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:
pash wrote: His players actually seem to like him, for one.
Back in 86/87 the players really loved special teams Frank "Crash" Gansz. With so much love 8 of them went to Lamar Hunt and had John Mackovic fired (after a playoff appearence - first in 15 years) and replaced by Crash. This was after Crash resigned from the Chiefs to pursue other opportunities.
Ha, yea that's probably a better example. Frank Gansz, wow.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs holding 1pm press conference to announce they've signed Romeo Crennel to a 3 year deal to be their head coach.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I think it's a good move. The players like him. It keeps a lot of continuity. Shouldn't be any huge coaching shakeups like you'd expect with a totally new guy. I know everyone (read: some of the dudes on 610) likes to rag on the guy for not having a great record in Cleveland, but Belichick went 36-44 there.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Has an interim coach ever gone on to become a really successful full-time coach? I'm sure there are, I'm just trying to find out examples. I think Jeff Fisher ironically was an interim coach at first.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Yeah, Jeff Fisher was. Other than that, I can't find any fairly big names with a cursory browse of Wikipedia.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

I think a lot of people in KC would say that they "don't mind" the hire. I'm pretty firmly in this camp.

And, frankly, I think this is the franchise's biggest problem. A lot of "fans" really don't give a shit anymore.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Long, but good read. Probably not too surprising, but the depth of it is perhaps an eye-opener.

Arrowhead anxiety: Turnover off the field causes concern
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

Given how disfunctional the KC Star is, it is amusing that they are going after the Chiefs on this.

Can you imagine what kind of a story you could write if you could gather togther 20 or so ex-Star employees and let them speak anonymously.

I am assuming the Star has never been sued for age discrimination since they put so much stock in what the plantiffs (and their children) have to say.

The Star obviously devoted a lot of resources to this article over a long period of time. That is consistent with their past behavior.

Of course when Lew Perkins was in charge of the disfunctional KU athletic department, the Star thought he was a towering figure in sports and did zero investigations. Ditto for Mark Mangino and his abusive behavior. Every time KU goes on probation, the Star is completely caught by surprise and insists it had no inkling anything was amiss even though the NCAA investigation had been in progress for months. Once the NCAA pubically announces the violations, the Star's coverage consists of printing the statements made by KU in its press conferences with zero investigation. Do the names Lauren Holly and Jason King ring a bell.

(although to be fair the Star did do the private jet investigation on Perkins after it was clear he was on the way out).
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

https://twitter.com/#%21/mikejurecki/st ... 2718210048
Hearing the Chiefs R refusing 2 play Todd Haley the remainder of his salary, was terminated 4 cause, another words 4 a specific reason. #kc
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Good lord, "another words" is even worse than "for all intensive purposes"
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

phuqueue wrote:Good lord, "another words" is even worse than "for all intensive purposes"
The Chiefs could care less.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

phuqueue wrote:Good lord, "another words" is even worse than "for all intensive purposes"
irregardless.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs name Brian Daboll offensive coordinator. Daboll was OC of the Dolphins and the Browns, who set numerous offensive records. He also was with the Patriots. He is also Canadian so he probably doesn't even now how we play football here.