2011 Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: 2011 Chiefs

Post by kboish »

this hire makes no cents to me.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

KCMax wrote:Chiefs name Brian Daboll offensive coordinator. Daboll was OC of the Dolphins and the Browns, who set numerous offensive records. He also was with the Patriots. He is also Canadian so he probably doesn't even now how we play football here.
He'll probably be super efficient, thinking he only gets three downs instead of four and that he has to go 110 yards to score
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I'd have preferred Saunders. Or anyone not from the Patriots tree.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs sign former Raiders CB Stanford Routt. I hope this doesn't mean they cut Brandon Carr loose. Thought he really played huge this year.

Saw a stat that the Chiefs have the second most cap space going into next year - $62 million. Its time to spend some money Clark.
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

KCMax wrote:Chiefs sign former Raiders CB Stanford Routt. I hope this doesn't mean they cut Brandon Carr loose. Thought he really played huge this year.

Saw a stat that the Chiefs have the second most cap space going into next year - $62 million. Its time to spend some money Clark.
I think Carr is gone. Why pay Routt starter $$$ if he's going to sit the bench?
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

KCMax wrote:Chiefs sign former Raiders CB Stanford Routt. I hope this doesn't mean they cut Brandon Carr loose. Thought he really played huge this year.

Doesn't the new CBA have a pretty tough salary floor? I remember that being a thing, but I'm not completely certain whether it was just talked about or actually adopted. I think the range teams are allowed to sit in is a lot narrower than it was under the old deal. Doesn't mean they're gonna spend the money keeping Carr around, but they'll have to spend it on someone. KC-wildcat is right though, this looks a lot like, at best, insurance because they think they might lose Carr, and at worst, already moving on because they already intend or expect not to bring him back.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KC-wildcat wrote:

I think Carr is gone. Why pay Routt starter $$$ if he's going to sit the bench?
You're right.

Chiefs are also interested in former Browns RB Peyton Hillis, I presume to be a combo back with Charles and insurance in case he's not healthy. Sounds like Jackie Battle won't be back either way.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Since the heading is still "2011 Chiefs" are people still trying to relive that season?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs discussing Peyton Manning?

The source is Bob Fescoe, so take it with a grain of salt.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs expected to franchise tag Dwayne Bowe today.

Colts have to make a decision on Peyton Manning by Thursday. Chiefs are rumored to be in the mix on him if he is traded or let go.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't think it would be a terrible move, but I can't see Pioli pulling the trigger on Peyton Manning.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

mean wrote:I don't think it would be a terrible move, but I can't see Pioli pulling the trigger on Peyton Manning.
I know a lot of people are saying it is a can't lose deal, but to me, it would be unfortunate if we put all our eggs in the save-money-sign-young basket only to make some deal with Manning that limits us in free agency for two or three years. I don't know who is right, but we could probably get a solid backup RB, a decent linebacker, and another player on the market for that kind of flow. Is one risky signing with a high ceiling better than establishing depth at all positions? I'm not sure what the answer is, and both sides could cite the Colts to prove their point. For one, Manning was able to make the entire team better, but on the other hand, the Colts showed that they were unable to make up for lack of depth when Manning went down. Do we think the Chiefs are deep enough as is and with the draft to endure the potential of Manning getting hurt? Tough decisions for the upper brass, but I guess it is all just speculation without knowing more of how Manning feels or has tested physically.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oh, I don't think it's necessarily the best move. I just don't think it would be terrible.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

mean wrote:Oh, I don't think it's necessarily the best move. I just don't think it would be terrible.
I agree with that. It is really hard to be mad about Peyton freaking Manning, but it is still risky. Then again, all NFL deals have some element of risk to them. I'll probably be happy with whatever the Chiefs decide to do, just as long as they don't skip Manning and reach on a bunch of other free agents.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

It would sell out the stadium. That's for sure.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

So would winning football games
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

It would be just like signing Joe Montana years ago. Only makes sense if you think the team can go all-the-way.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

bobbyhawks wrote:
mean wrote:Oh, I don't think it's necessarily the best move. I just don't think it would be terrible.
I agree with that. It is really hard to be mad about Peyton freaking Manning, but it is still risky. Then again, all NFL deals have some element of risk to them. I'll probably be happy with whatever the Chiefs decide to do, just as long as they don't skip Manning and reach on a bunch of other free agents.
If he's at all healthy I don't see how you not make the move, unless its a trade of a ton of draft picks.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Chiefs have contacted Peyton Manning, according to Adam Schefter.