2011 Sporting Kansas City

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: 2011 Sporting Kansas City

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Pork Chop wrote: It was a great time being there. I went from the $30 seat area to the $15 seat area during halftime and had a lot more fun.
Came on down to the Members Stand? How bout that 84th minute where we had the entire crowd clapping and chanting? Last night was magical. String a couple more wins at home and a few more on the road as well and I could see that becoming a regular occurrence.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

The parking is terrible.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Came on down to the Members Stand? How bout that 84th minute where we had the entire crowd clapping and chanting? Last night was magical. String a couple more wins at home and a few more on the road as well and I could see that becoming a regular occurrence.
That's where we went and I remember the security guard behind the net watching the crowd starting getting into the chanting as well. It was a great crowd and a fantastic night.
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Where can one find a list of all the chants and lyrics?
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

Pork Chop wrote: That's where we went and I remember the security guard behind the net watching the crowd starting getting into the chanting as well. It was a great crowd and a fantastic night.
Edit: By "...getting into the chanting" I meant he was enjoying it and not chanting himself. Once again it was a great time and I will always go to the members section when going to a game. However, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. I just like the raw energy in the member's area.
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

KCMax wrote: Where can one find a list of all the chants and lyrics?
There's a master list that the Cauldron leadership has but I know most of them. Could write up the ones for you probably.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Since I don't have cable (Every damn sporting event is moving to cable now), my sports viewing this summer is limited to Saturday Baseball, weird sports on NBC and MLS Soccer. 

I have to say, i am really enjoying watching soccer, i love our british announcer, he makes it a little more lively. The game saturday was very entertaining.  I loved the Timbers uniforms and the alaska airlines logo on the front.

Makes me wonder, why doesn't Sporting KC have a corporate logo?  Cerner seems like the perfect fit, even have similar colors
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SKC has landed Soony Saad in the lottery draft. Saad, from the U of Michigan, was the NCAA's leading scorer last year.

I agree about the corporate logo. I think there is some resistance by some MLS clubs to do it as American sports fans seem to be more negative towards the concept than international fans (ironic, considering our love for capitalism). But yes, Cerner or Garmin seem like perfect fits.

kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

KCMax wrote: I agree about the corporate logo. I think there is some resistance by some MLS clubs to do it as American sports fans seem to be more negative towards the concept than international fans (ironic, considering our love for capitalism). But yes, Cerner or Garmin seem like perfect fits.
I'd be afraid we'd end up with something lame like the Amway logo (Real Salt Lake?) or worse...
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

SKC should be sponsored by the Chiefs. 
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

kcjak wrote: I'd be afraid we'd end up with something lame like the Amway logo (Real Salt Lake?) or worse...
Amway sponsors San Jose.

Supposedly Sporting has a shirt sponsorship in the works.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

This team is on fire! Great win last night. Surprised no one seems to be talking about them. Does this team have a legit shot at a championship or are they winning flukey? SKC now sits in 2nd place in the Eastern Division. Can they win it all?

bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I think that the grass roots support for the team has been impressive.  Averaging 19k/game (allegedly) is not too far off the Royals average, granted games are less frequent.  Media coverage has not really caught ahold of this locally, but I don't see how a soccer fan can't be somewhat excited by how well the team is performing of late.  And the quality of goals has been a huge improvement over previous years of unexciting play.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

bobbyhawks wrote:I think that the grass roots support for the team has been impressive.  Averaging 19k/game (allegedly) is not too far off the Royals average, granted games are less frequent.  Media coverage has not really caught ahold of this locally, but I don't see how a soccer fan can't be somewhat excited by how well the team is performing of late.  And the quality of goals has been a huge improvement over previous years of unexciting play.
SKC is not "allegedly" averaging 19K per game. They are averaging 17,583. They have had 6 games that were sellouts (18,457) or better. Last night the attendance was 20,018. Not too bad considering the glut of games in the last two months.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

What a gut punch game. WTF happened? That red card just seemed to come out of the blue.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

KCFutbol wrote:SKC is not "allegedly" averaging 19K per game. They are averaging 17,583. They have had 6 games that were sellouts (18,457) or better. Last night the attendance was 20,018. Not too bad considering the glut of games in the last two months.
Sorry. I only put the allegedly in there because I used a shady site to get the stat. To me, anything above 15k is great.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

bobbyhawks wrote:
KCFutbol wrote:SKC is not "allegedly" averaging 19K per game. They are averaging 17,583. They have had 6 games that were sellouts (18,457) or better. Last night the attendance was 20,018. Not too bad considering the glut of games in the last two months.
Sorry. I only put the allegedly in there because I used a shady site to get the stat. To me, anything above 15k is great.
Yeah, just a knee-jerk over-reaction. We've put up with so much attendance smack over the years I'm still a little sensitive.

Looks like it very well might be SRO on Monday against LA.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Wow. Tried to get tix for Monday on Stubhub, the cheapest available are $55!!!! :shock: Hot ticket!
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Feels good to have a team in first place and playing so well!

I have fully gotten on this band wagon. So much fun watching and going to their games. I've always been a passive World Cup fan, but I really had no idea soccer was this entertaining.

Sporting!
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

Check this out. Sporting KC is spinning off a company to sell the awesome tech they've developed for the stadium.
http://www.siliconprairienews.com/2011/ ... nt-company