2011 Sporting Kansas City

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: 2011 Sporting Kansas City

Post by Pork Chop »

kboish wrote:Feels good to have a team in first place and playing so well!

I have fully gotten on this band wagon. So much fun watching and going to their games. I've always been a passive World Cup fan, but I really had no idea soccer was this entertaining.

Sporting!
I agree and last last night marks 3.5 times I have been in the members stand and that is the best place to enjoy game in my opinion.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Definitely agree with that. Members stands is tons of fun. Hope they expand it's capacity b/c it seems to be getting more and more popular.
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

Woah. Also just noticed this. The new company will be in the crossroads. Always thought this building had potential. Sporting has been a great supporter of the crossroads.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/b ... s-for.html
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Woah. Also just noticed this. The new company will be in the crossroads. Always thought this building had potential. Sporting has been a great supporter of the crossroads.
this topic is being discussed here i believe:

http://forum.kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17824
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Not a racing fan, but this is pretty cool. Can't see the two fanbases overlapping much, but maybe they'll get some good pub out of this:

http://sideshowkc.com/?p=892
Sporting KC continues revolutionize how they do things in the MLS, and they are doing it again. Sporting Kansas City and Turner Motorsports will be partnering up for the Kansas Lottery 300 out at Kansas Speedway this weekend. James Buescher, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion contender, will be driving the Sporting KC car this weekend in the Nationwide Series race.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Only standing room only tix left for tomorrow's match against NY where SKC could potentially clinch a playoff spot.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

very excited for this game tomorrow. going to be a great time. hope they bring home the win and get a home playoff game.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

If they win, they're in, right? Of, what else needs to happen for them to make the playoffs? Who needs to lose?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

AllThingsKC wrote:If they win, they're in, right? Of, what else needs to happen for them to make the playoffs? Who needs to lose?
Well there are a number of different combos. Just winning tomorrow is the easy one.

http://www.sportingkc.com/content/2011-playoff-guide
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I want the win so we can be sure to have home playoffs!

but yeah, there are a bunch of different scenarios where they probably still can make the playoffs.

plus, they still have one more road game, but it's alot tougher to get the full 3pts on the road.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a playoff-bound team!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

porting Kansas City announced on Wednesday that tickets for the 2011 MLS Cup Playoffs at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park will go on sale to the general public on Friday, October 21st.

Fans can purchase playoff tickets beginning on Friday at 10:00 a.m. CT by calling 888-4KC-GOAL, visiting the LSP Box Offices or online at TicketMaster.com. Tickets for Sporting Kansas City’s playoff run start at just $20 per game.

Current Sporting Kansas City season ticket members and those that have placed deposits towards season tickets in 2012 can currently secure their seats for playoff action at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park. By making a deposit on 2012 season tickets, fans can ensure priority for purchasing playoff tickets before the general public. To make a deposit on 2012 season tickets, call 1-888-4KC-GOAL.

Additionally, Wyandotte County residents and Unified Government employees will have access to an exclusive pre-sale at 10:00 a.m. CT on Thursday by calling 888-4KC-GOAL.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Whoo-Hoo!!!! PLAYOFFS!! (Take that, St. Louis!)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but from the best I can tell, all Sporting KC needs to do is win this at Saturday @ DC United, and they clinch the conference, is that right? Even if Philadelphia wins, Sporting KC will have scored more goals than them (unless Philly wins by 6+ goals). Or, is there something else I'm not seeing?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Philadelphia at New York, Thursday, Oct. 20, ESPN2: A Philadelphia victory gives the Union 51 points on the year, meaning that even with a win at D.C. on Saturday, Sporting Kansas City can only win the Eastern Conference if they manage to stay level or ahead of the Union on goal differential. If there is not a winner between Philadelphia and New York., Sporting Kansas City can win the Eastern Conference with a win against D.C. United. Should New York defeat Philadelphia on Thursday, Sporting Kansas City would need only a point to win the Eastern Conference outright.
it is going to take some work no matter what.
Sporting Kansas City will host a playoff match at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park UNLESS....DC United defeats Sporting Kansas City AND Philadelphia defeats or draws against New York AND Columbus defeats Chicago AND Colorado defeats Vancouver AND Houston defeats LA
There are a bunch of ANDS in there that have to happen for us to not host a game.

From http://www.sportingkc.com/content/2011-playoff-guide
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Conference Champs!
szazzy
Pad site
Pad site

Post by szazzy »

The Cauldron is throwing a big playoff rally downtown at P&L, next Tuesday, November 1st. Free admission, all ages. Players & coaches will be there, and other guests. I'll post more about it here when full details are finished but mark the date down. This team deserves people coming out and showing them some love the night before the big game but we need everyone's help in showing up!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Great win last night. Colorado seemed a lot tougher in the regular season. I though SKC dominated, although I imagine Colorado's injuries were a contributor. Beautiful goal by Teal Bunbury though. SKC is really playing well at the right time.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

KCMax wrote:Great win last night. Colorado seemed a lot tougher in the regular season. I though SKC dominated, although I imagine Colorado's injuries were a contributor. Beautiful goal by Teal Bunbury though. SKC is really playing well at the right time.
It was a good game and I will be at Livestrong on Wed. and with SKC most likely winning; I will be there on Sunday as well. The members stand is already sold out (been that way for a couple of weeks).
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I
I BELIEVE
I BELIEVE THAT
I BELIEVE THAT WE
I BELIEVE THAT WE JUST
I BELIEVE THAT WE JUST WON!

Sporting KC wins 2-0 (4-0)! Eastern Conference Final will be Sunday @ Livestong Sporting Park.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I believe that we will win! =D>