2010-2011 College Basketball Season

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: 2010-2011 College Basketball Season

Post by shinatoo »

Raytown South our Alma Mater,
Ever shall remain,
sovereign of our loyalties,
your praises we proclaim.

We will do our best to serve you,
Cardinals of renown,
Red and White,
we shall fight,
go onward for Ray-South.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

fyp.
shinatoo wrote: Raytown South our Alma Mater,
Ever shall remain,
sovereign of our loyalties,
your praises we proclaim.

We will do our best to serve you,
Cardinals of renown,
Red and White, (SLAM CEILING OF BUS)
we shall fight, (SLAM CEILING OF BUS)
go onward for Ray-South.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I left off breaking into a rousing chorus of "Dixie" at the the end. But I'm sure they stopped doing that in the 90's.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Which one of you Mizzou fans called into the Nick Wright show?  :lol:

Nick Wright 610 Sports Worst Caller Ever
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote: Which one of you Mizzou fans called into the Nick Wright show?  :lol:

So which one of these is kcmetro?
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2488&t=7577194

Reposting from phog.net I thought had stopped?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: So which one of these is kcmetro?
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2488&t=7577194

Reposting from phog.net I thought had stopped?
Stalker.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

U mad you got called out for being unoriginal.  It's ok. 

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: U mad you got called out for being unoriginal.  It's ok. 
Yeah, I'm really bummed I wasn't the first one on earth to stumble upon that youtube vid.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

KU loses recruit Deandre Daniels to UConn. I guess they pay better.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCMax wrote: KU loses recruit Deandre Daniels to UConn. I guess they pay better.
one of the weirdest recruiting sagas I can remember.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

NDTeve wrote: one of the weirdest recruiting sagas I can remember.
As the guy from Jayhawk Slant said on the radio this morning, the saga won't really end until this guy puts on a uniform for actual playing time.  He has zero interest in having anything to do with academics.  Perhaps UConn offered him the easiest course load.  Really a left field decision, and I'd be lying if I said good riddance, but at least we are back to a known commodity with next year's personnel.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

bobbyhawks wrote: As the guy from Jayhawk Slant said on the radio this morning, the saga won't really end until this guy puts on a uniform for actual playing time.  He has zero interest in having anything to do with academics.  Perhaps UConn offered him the easiest course load.  Really a left field decision, and I'd be lying if I said good riddance, but at least we are back to a known commodity with next year's personnel.
I would not be surprised if Daniels never plays one minute of college basketball.  I am surprised he's not on his way to Europe for a year.  KU will also have Ben Mclemore next year and I would not be surprised to see him in the starting line up at some point during the year depending on how well Relaford steps up to the plate.  I've heard it both ways on Mclemore qualifying though.  Next year, KU should have its weakest frontcourt in a long time.  Withey has shown me nothing and Robinson isn't going to contribute much on offense (to be honest, I just don't see how he is considered a pro prospect).  Scoring is going to have to come from Johnson, Taylor, Relaford and maybe Mclemore. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

Highlander wrote: I would not be surprised if Daniels never plays one minute of college basketball.  I am surprised he's not on his way to Europe for a year.  KU will also have Ben Mclemore next year and I would not be surprised to see him in the starting line up at some point during the year depending on how well Relaford steps up to the plate.  I've heard it both ways on Mclemore qualifying though.  Next year, KU should have its weakest frontcourt in a long time.  Withey has shown me nothing and Robinson isn't going to contribute much on offense (to be honest, I just don't see how he is considered a pro prospect).  Scoring is going to have to come from Johnson, Taylor, Relaford and maybe Mclemore. 
Couldn't disagree more on Robinson. He improved tenfold with a year of Danny Manning and his offensive game will only improve. Not to mention he is ridiculously athletic and a rebounding machine. How would you say he's not even a pro prospect? I'll be interested to hear this.

Agreed that Withey is terrible.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'm with ND. T-Rob shows flashes of good - even great - offensive ability at times. He's agile and strong as hell. If anything he should steamroll over a lot of weaker college opponents.

I think he's a pretty serious pro prospect. Whether or not he will actually be good in the NBA is another question.

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KCMax wrote: I'm with ND. T-Rob shows flashes of good - even great - offensive ability at times. He's agile and strong as hell. If anything he should steamroll over a lot of weaker college opponents.

I think he's a pretty serious pro prospect. Whether or not he will actually be good in the NBA is another question.
Not sure where you guys are coming from on Robinson's offensive prowess.  I've seen him play many times and, while he is a tremendous athlete, he has limited to just fair offensive skill.  No close or mid range jumper and no hook.  He's OK at putting in a layup off the dribble and getting the put back on a miss but he's been extremely fortunate to have played with the Morris twins and get the benefit of coming off double teams.  He's a good rebounder though but KU is not going to able to build an offense around him next year, he just doesn't have the skills.  I think he will be somewhat exposed next year for the limited player that he is.  If an NBA wants a niche rebounder, Robinson may be their man but he is a below average major college offensive player and a terrible free throw shooter to boot.    
Last edited by Highlander on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Mizzou announces exhibition game at Missouri Southern to aid Joplin victims. Very classy move. I guess the NCAA had to sign off on it for some reason.

WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Highlander wrote: Not sure where you guys are coming from on Robinson's offensive prowess.  I've seen him play many times and, while he is a tremendous athlete, he has limited to just fair offensive skill.  No close or mid range jumper and no hook.  He's OK at putting in a layup off the dribble and getting the put back on a miss but he's been extremely fortunate to have played with the Morris twins and get the benefit of coming off double teams.  He's a good rebounder though but KU is not going to able to build an offense around him next year, he just doesn't have the skills.  I think he will be somewhat exposed next year for the limited player that he is.  If an NBA wants a niche rebounder, Robinson may be their man but he is a below average major college offensive player and a terrible free throw shooter to boot.    
Not sure where you're coming from. He's a good offensive player. He does have a good baby hook - and excellent footwork and speed around the rim. Not saying that will translate into a good NBA big (he's small - even for a power forward). And, much like the twins, he can handle the ball a little and run the floor. Combine that with a motor that doesn't stop and you have the recipe for an elite power forward at the college level who I think will be a first round pick.

We'll have to wait and see if the Morris twins leaving has the effect you think it will on his game. Will certainly be intersting to watch.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Let's also not overlook the growth these kids can have in one year in their game. A year or two ago, I never would have believed you if you said Marcus Morris would be a top scorer.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I predict at least one of them turns into the aqib talib of the nba

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

WSPanic wrote: Not sure where you're coming from. He's a good offensive player. He does have a good baby hook - and excellent footwork and speed around the rim. Not saying that will translate into a good NBA big (he's small - even for a power forward). And, much like the twins, he can handle the ball a little and run the floor. Combine that with a motor that doesn't stop and you have the recipe for an elite power forward at the college level who I think will be a first round pick.

We'll have to wait and see if the Morris twins leaving has the effect you think it will on his game. Will certainly be intersting to watch.
We will find out next year.  Whether he is capable or not, he's going to have to be a big part of the KU offense given that their options will most likely decrease quite a bit from this year.  I think people who think he is going to pick up where the Morris twins left off will be pretty disappointed, he doesn't have their skills and he is also a terrible free throw shooter which further hurts his scoring capability.  It's not like the Morris twins came out of nowhere...as a sophomore Marcus was already considerably better offensively than Aldrich.     Robinson just isn't in the same boat though, he's a utility forward, and not an elite power forward, he'd have to improve dramatically to be "elite".
Last edited by Highlander on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.