TIME TO FREAK OUT AGAIN ABOUT CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT! THE BIG 12 IS DEAD! MAYBE!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Mizzou to the Big Ten?

Post by WSPanic »

im2kull wrote: Say what you want, but I think all you Jaydork fans are just scared to see MU become one of the perenial "Big Dogs", while KU is left behind in a never ending rebuilding project :lol:
No one has called me a "Jaydork" since The Chef's days.

Between 2Kull's constant carping on KU and their fans and his inexplicable obsession with all things Schlitterbahn, I'd say there's something up here. And his absence from any culinary thread is almost conspicuous considering the amount he posts. Maybe it's just Michael's return that has made me nostalgic.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Say what you want, but I think all you Jaydork fans are just scared to see MU become one of the perenial "Big Dogs", while KU is left behind in a never ending rebuilding project :lol:
Have you looked at the financial numbers I posted - the heart of the issue in B12 competitiveness?  The last thing I worry about is getting left behind by a school that continues to get further and further away from us in resources to run a powerful athletic department. 
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Have you looked at the financial numbers I posted - the heart of the issue in B12 competitiveness?  The last thing I worry about is getting left behind by a school that continues to get further and further away from us in resources to run a powerful athletic department. 
An athletic department that just emerged from a lack of institutional control sanction, followed by an embarrassingly poorly handled divorce with the most successful head football coach in its unmemorable history?

I would hope that the last thing a Kansas fan worries about is what conference neighboring schools might move up into.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

I don't think this has been asked but here goes.

What happens's to the Big 12 if MU or NEB leaves for the BIG 10?  Would it be the beginning of the end?
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: I don't think this has been asked but here goes.

What happens's to the Big 12 if MU or NEB leaves for the BIG 10?  Would it be the beginning of the end?
It has been asked. My guess is TCU to the south and Oklahoma would move to the north, that way UT and OU could play in the big 12 Championship every year.

There are tons of teams that would love to take MU's spot in a BCS conference.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Last edited by Highlander on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

MoMan wrote:

Why would moving to a conference that is arguably weaker in both football and basketball than the Big XII doom MU to perpetual mediocrity?  And why on earth would anyone assume that the desire to move to a wealthier, more egalitarian, and more academically prestigious conference than the Big XII is fueled by a spiteful antagonism toward KU?  That sounds more like the assumption of a horribly insecure Kansas fan than of someone who identifies himself as a Mizzou fan.
First of all, most MU fans know it isn't going to happen.  Second, it would NOT be good for Missouri athletics regardless of how you want to roll it up and, finally, I see a lot of posters on Mizzou forums who use the idea as a form of smack talk against KU just as MD would erroneously contend KU and MU are not rivals.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

NDTeve wrote: ..with Pinkel though...the prospect of Mizzou and BIG DOG is not too frightening.
This is the Big Joke Ten we're talking about.  10 bucks says even Wyoming could be a pereniall powerhouse in the Big 10 with the way it stands right now.

20 Bucks says you, lenexa, or metro can't stand there straight faced and NOT throw a complete temper tantrum about Mizzou being in the Big 10 when they're making a BCS bowl every year...not with all that hoopin and hollerin we're still hearing out of Lawrence over the 2007 "Miracle that fell short..but BCS'd" season  :lol:
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

MoMan wrote: I would hope that the last thing a Kansas fan worries about is what conference neighboring schools might move up into.
Every KU fan worries about their teams exposure, and worries more about their opponents exposure.  That's gotta be the best part about a possible MU to the Big 10 deal.

I don't think a move to the Big 10 would benefit MU in regards to recruiting, rivalrys, etc..but they would get far more exposure in the coming years should it happen (with a team that's built to make deep runs in the Big 10 as it sits right now).  Can you even imagine how bad their spread offense would make Iowa, Penn St, and Ohio States sulking defenses look like?  The defense wouldn't even matter at that point.  Not saying it would last, but at least for the next 3 years MU would easily finish top 2 in the Big 10...and we all know they get 2 BCS selections every year..one way or the other  :cheers:

What would those die hard KU fans use for slandering if MU went out and won a BCS bowl or two in the next few years?  2007? It'd be a thing of the past..
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

The only problem KU fans would have with MU going to the Big 10 is that it would lessen the chances of KC keeping the Big 12 bball tourney permanently, or even the majority of years.  It would be more likely to get on a permanent rotation between Dallas, OKC, and KC.

It would also decrease the rivalry between the two schools since they wouldn't be playing for much if they faced each other.  Just bragging rights.

Other than that though, KU fans have no problem whatsoever with MU going to the Big 10.  It's not going to make KU look bad if MU was a Big 10 team.  As far as I'm concerned, the Big 10 sucks at sports so they can have MU.  If MU wants to try to beat up on those teams, go for it.  At least we wouldn't have to hear their annoying chant all the time.  M-I-Z....Z-O-U.  Congrats, you can finally spell.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MoMan wrote: An athletic department that just emerged from a lack of institutional control sanction, followed by an embarrassingly poorly handled divorce with the most successful head football coach in its unmemorable history?

I would hope that the last thing a Kansas fan worries about is what conference neighboring schools might move up into.
As has been mentioned before...no-one here is real worried about losing MIzzou to the Big 10. And to pretend the obsession with the other is on the KU side is a joke. You know it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

shinatoo wrote: It has been asked. My guess is TCU to the south and Oklahoma would move to the north, that way UT and OU could play in the big 12 Championship every year.

There are tons of teams that would love to take MU's spot in a BCS conference.
Unless OK could play OK State every year they will stay in the south, and don't forget the big annual Texas game that may not  always occur if OK switches.

There might be schools licking their chops but I see the south departing and forming a new conference with a few of the southern schools in other conferences, like Arkansas and LSU.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Unless OK could play OK State every year they will stay in the south, and don't forget the big annual Texas game that may not  always occur if OK switches.
NU is historically a much bigger rivalry for OU than OSU - it just got shit upon after the league split them up. 
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

The new one has taken its place.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

NDTeve wrote: As has been mentioned before...no-one here is real worried about losing MIzzou to the Big 10. And to pretend the obsession with the other is on the KU side is a joke. You know it.
Riiiiight....

And Santa is getting ready to deliver toys next week to all the good little boys and girls!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Last edited by Highlander on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

who is Illinois's main rival these days?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: The new one has taken its place.
You speak for the Sooner/Husker nations?  Go visit a Husker or Sooner sports board and see how many threads you can find of people pissed at how the league has destroyed that rivalry.  All of Boone Picken's money still can't turn OSU into NU. 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MoMan wrote: Riiiiight....

And Santa is getting ready to deliver toys next week to all the good little boys and girls!
"M-I-Z-Fuck-K-U"
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

NDTeve wrote: "M-I-Z-Fuck-K-U"

"Muck Fizzou" ring a bell?