KU v. KSU week discussion (pics, snide remarks, predictions)

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: KU v. KSU week discussion (pics, snide remarks, predictions)

Post by kcmetro »

It's funny how MU fans despise KU so much that they insist on typing it "ku" or "kU".  I never understood that sort of inferiority complex.  :D
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: Guess it all depends in your definition. Ksu definately isn't good.....I find it funny metro was just trying to put down his team even more by saying how bad ksu is.....seems like a lot of effort to try and get jabs in on ksu.

Like I said before...wasn't trying to get jabs in on KSU.  They're an ok team...nothing special.  Certainly not the kind of team who should be blowing out North opponents by 50 points.  My point was to illustrate just how awful KU is.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

kcmetro wrote: It's funny how MU fans despise KU so much that they insist on typing it "ku" or "kU".  I never understood that sort of inferiority complex.
It's called hating on your rival.  Silly and petty, but that's how rivalries are.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Metro....so do we have your clearance to talk smack on ku with a straight face now.....need your expert opinion.

Out fans ran out of that stadium like someone yelled FIRE. I don't blame them, I did the same last week vs the huskers.

Maybe Gill problem is too much time to plan.....all off season to plan fir ndsu, week off to plan for ksu.....both ugly losses.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: Metro....so do we have your clearance to talk smack on ku with a straight face now.....need your expert opinion.
Fire away.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Moment has passed. Its not like ksu fans aren't used to this.

phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

WSPanic wrote: Yes. We know. For KSU, the sport of college football began in 1991 and there wasn't any college basketball played between 1989 and 2008.
Incorrect.  It is well documented that KU had begun cheating in college football since the early decades of the 20th century, K-State just began participating in college football in 1989.  And the NCAA did, in fact, reinstate the college basketball seasons in 1993 and 1996.

I have ti admit that, as someone who had the opportunity to put his money where his mouth is, we popped up to Vegas the other day, stayed the night in Laughlin, and yesterday before we left my wife asked if I wanted to put any money on the game.  Had we stayed I would have put 20 on it, and I would have put 100 on it next year, but I just wasn't comfortable enough with the QB situation and defense to do it this year.  In retrospect, I wish I ad put my paycheck on it!  (Of course, in retrospect, I could have picked out a moment on the roulette wheel to put my paycheck on and made a whole lot more off of it!)
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I'm not generally one to get angry with a coach so early on.  Heck, I thought Trey Hillman and Herm Edwards should have both been given another year because of talent circumstances, but Turner Gill is not impressing me in the slightest.  Too bad we gave him such a nice contract, because I would consider firing him if he doesn't show significant improvement through the rest of the season.  To allow an offensively one dimensional team (albeit a terrific one dimension) to embarrass you, when you A) know they will run and B) have an extra week to prepare, is not acceptable in D-1.  Congrats to KSU, perhaps they learned a lot from the Nebraska game.  Snyder executed a terrific gameplan which was not mysterious in the slightest, yet KU could not find the answers.  The KU announcers were calling KSU's plays before they ran them, and the more obvious they were, the more yardage they seemed to gain.  Gill doesn't have the greatest talent in the world, but with what he still has, that game was embarrassing to the entire university.

Maybe we have a bad bunch of apples.  Maybe the end of last season wasn't Mangino's fault.  Maybe Gill is just stuck with a sucky situation, but I still expect more than the drubbing I saw last night.  This is a critical year as the last year in the North, and I guess I have to start cheering for KSU and MU.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

bobbyhawks wrote: To allow an offensively one dimensional team (albeit a terrific one dimension)
I'm assuming you're talking about the passing game?

15-16, 184 Yds, 2 Touchdowns.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KC is the way to be!
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: I'm assuming you're talking about the passing game?

15-16, 184 Yds, 2 Touchdowns.
Nope.  You had no passing game before we let you do whatever you wanted to us.  184 yards is pretty low for a college game, though I understand you weren't trying to rub it in late. 

-North Dakota State had 197 yards passing.
-Georgia Tech is the 119th worst passing team in D-1 and basically defended themselves (second to last). 
-Baylor threw for 434 yards.
-KSU is also one of the worst D-1 passing teams by statistics (103rd).

I stand by my one dimensional on offense comment.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I would say that whatever questions anyone had regarding the KSU passing should not have been changed based solely on the performance against KU.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

&
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

kcmetro wrote: Umm, G-Tech is good.  Baylor is pretty good.  Southern Miss is good.  The only team KU lost to who wasn't worth a shit is NDSU.
kcmetro wrote: KSU this year is rather mediocre.  That's been proven thus far.  It's just that mediocre teams are destroying KU because we suck so bad.
So, in your opinion, what are the "mediocre" teams that are destroying KU and what are the "good" teams that are destroying KU?
KC is the way to be!
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

AllThingsKC wrote: So, in your opinion, what are the "mediocre" teams that are destroying KU and what are the "good" teams that are destroying KU?
KSU and Baylor are the only teams to destroy KU.  I'd say both are mediocre to ok.  We won't really know til the season is over with though.  I'd say Baylor is better than KSU at this point, mainly due to their effective passing game.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote: It's funny how MU fans despise KU so much that they insist on typing it "ku" or "kU".  I never understood that sort of inferiority complex.  :D
or how funny it is that whether deliberate or not, it bothers you?

This play may have just been in the 2nd quarter, but it really signaled the end

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: or how funny it is that whether deliberate or not, it bothers you?

This play may have just been in the 2nd quarter, but it really signaled the end
It doesn't bother me...it's just something I noticed MU fans seem to do.

I didn't realize how pathetic the KU player looked until I saw this angle.  From the other side of the stadium, it looked like just a missed tackle.  But that was sad.  Sure sums up what this team is working with.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So much for the orange bowl bringing in a monster recruiting class. Kids are smarter than that.

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

kcmetro wrote: It doesn't bother me...it's just something I noticed MU fans seem to do.

I didn't realize how pathetic the KU player looked until I saw this angle.  From the other side of the stadium, it looked like just a missed tackle.  But that was sad.  Sure sums up what this team is working with.
What's really bad is that he is falling for a fake where the receiver feints to run backward.  Just a brain dead play by the defender.  Looks like a half-hearted attempt to trip the receiver as he falls.