KU v. KSU week discussion (pics, snide remarks, predictions)

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: KU v. KSU week discussion (pics, snide remarks, predictions)

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: well I'll take 4-1 suck over 2-2 suck.....and you haven't even played anybody GOOD yet.

Umm, G-Tech is good.  Baylor is pretty good.  Southern Miss is good.  The only team KU lost to who wasn't worth a shit is NDSU.

You guys beat a mediocre at best UCLA team.  MO State.  Barely beat UCF.  Had a tough one with Iowa State.  You really can't possibly talk shit on KU with a straight face.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote: Umm, G-Tech is good.  Baylor is pretty good.  Southern Miss is good.  The only team KU lost to who wasn't worth a shit is NDSU.

You guys beat a mediocre at best UCLA team.  MO State.  Barely beat UCF.  Had a tough one with Iowa State.  You really can't possibly talk shit on KU with a straight face.
sure I can....twice as many wins allows for that....so barely winning doesn't count?

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Thursday's game in no KSU fans show up:

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: sure I can....twice as many wins allows for that....so barely winning doesn't count?
Well, most rational fans wouldn't talk smack when their team just got embarrassed on ESPN by a freshman QB who ran for 4 TD's.  If KSU comes away from Lawrence with a win, then talk all you want.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Lol gotta love fans talking smack about OTHER teams wins. Strong stuff there.

A loss is a loss. You are familiar with them....doesn't stop your mouth from running.

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

See that the ass rape last week hasn't humbled our purple brethren.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wtf? I haven't even ran any smack?  So a loss to a top 10 team negates fans from talking about another game in the season?  Damn, harse.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NDTeve wrote: See that the ass rape last week hasn't humbled our purple brethren.
The only humbling moment for any KSU fan is when their favorite sheep leaves them for another man.  :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

"Old balls, sheep, farming, fields.  Boom, roasted."

-ku fan

phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

kcmetro wrote: Well, most rational fans wouldn't talk smack when their team just got embarrassed on ESPN by a freshman QB who ran for 4 TD's.  If KSU comes away from Lawrence with a win, then talk all you want.
Most rational fans wouldn't make that statement when their own team got embarrassed worse by Baylor the week before.  I'm not real comfortable talking smack at any point this season just because we are working with CC at QB and a suspect D, and the injury to B Smith, but G-Tech is not good and largely beat themselves through mistakes and the fact that Nesbitt is actually a worse passer than CC and has receivers who can't catch, allowing KU to key on the run, and still ran for what 275?  K-State is better in almost every facet of the game, but probably marginally so.  KU doesn't have Martinez or a line (how many healthy linemen do they actually have now?  Now you know how we had been feeling during that 2004-2008 or so stretch) but KU is at home on a Thursday night and had two weeks (as they always seem to have before the game with their non-rival) to prepare.  Next year, when K-State hopefully has a QB and some help on D, we will be able to confidently predict a rout, and therefore will be able to talk smack.  This year, who knows?
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCPowercat wrote: "Old balls, sheep, farming, fields.  Boom, roasted."

-ku fan
:lol:

So True.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: "Old balls, sheep, farming, fields.  Boom, roasted."

-ku fan
You forgot about the worst mascot in all of college sports.  Could they only afford the head?

TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

"Mascot Smack:  When you've got nowhere else to turn"

Come on metro, I'm all making fun of that horrible video in the screencap (which never made it live due to the backlash from fans) but mascot smack?  This ranks right up there with your MO v. KS, our strip clubs are better rant.

....and let's end the bashing of KSU being run out of the gym by a Top 10 team from the fans who got run out of the gym by BAYLOR.  Wow.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCPowercat wrote: "Mascot Smack:  When you've got nowhere else to turn"

Come on metro, I'm all making fun of that horrible video in the screencap (which never made it live due to the backlash from fans) but mascot smack?  This ranks right up there with your MO v. KS, our strip clubs are better rant.

....and let's end the bashing of KSU being run out of the gym by a Top 10 team from the fans who got run out of the gym by BAYLOR.  Wow.
K-State's mascot wouldn't be so terrible if it at least had a complete costume.  Instead it's Martin Gramatica in a cat head.  Cheesy...but not quite as cheesy as the 1991 jock jams cd that's still stuck in the cd player at Bramlage.  :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Dude, your stadium plays the exact same music.

Damn I wish Willie had furry arms and legs, i can't stand this hardcore smack.  It's almost as rough as somehow thinking calling our coach "old balls" somehow makes him a bad coach. 

BTW, for all the farm smackers that somehow forget their school is also in the heart of farm country.....you can see fields and grain elevators from your stadium as well....

Man this is weak sauce....but somehow I was the one called out for running smack talk....that I never did.

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Memorial Stadium and AFH mostly play ACDC stuff, like Hells Bells.  Granted, not awesome music, but better than that  horrible 2 Unlimited song.  If I was a KSU season ticket holder, I'd be calling the AD asking them to retire that effing song.  Admit it, doesn't it ever get a bit old?  I mean, I know you bumpkins still like to hold onto the 1980's culture, but enough is enough.  :D
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

the Reality is most KU fans have no idea what they play at KU football games.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcmetro wrote: Memorial Stadium and AFH mostly play ACDC stuff, like Hells Bells.  Granted, not awesome music, but better than that  horrible 2 Unlimited song.  If I was a KSU season ticket holder, I'd be calling the AD asking them to retire that effing song.  Admit it, doesn't it ever get a bit old?  I mean, I know you bumpkins still like to hold onto the 1980's culture, but enough is enough.  :D
It's one song off an album every stadium is guilty of using....KU plays the same stuff....you have to have better stuff than this.  You are way too hung up on this one song.

bumpkins culture....lol given who is saying that.

So will my tires be safe Thursday or should I remove all signs of KSU fandom from my car before parking in Lawrence?  Lew hooked me up with some sweet seats.