The rest of the NFL

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

The rest of the NFL

Post by AllThingsKC »

I started this thread so we could talk about the rest of the NFL, outside of the wonderful, awesome [glow=red,2,300]Chiefs[/glow].

Any thoughts on Week 1?

• Tom Brady out for the season?  (somewhat Chiefs-related)

• How will Brett Favre do with the Jets?

• How will the Green Bay Packers do without Brett Favre?

• Why did the Rams get blown away 38-3 this week?

• Thoughts on the Denver/Oakland Monday night game?   :puke:

• Indy loses to Chicago at home!
Last edited by AllThingsKC on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC is the way to be!
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: The rest of the NFL (2008-09)

Post by phuqueue »

If Brady is really out for the season, and it definitely looks like he is (seems like they're just waiting for the MRI to make it official), Favre and the Jets have a great chance at making the playoffs and possibly even winning the division.

The Packers will probably do all right as long as Aaron Rodgers isn't too bad.  He's probably not going to fill Favre's shoes, but if he's an adequate QB, it's not like they have much competition in that division.  The Bears looked solid tonight, but it was against a Colts team that's racked by injuries already and just didn't look very good at all.  That division is pretty up in the air, but none of those teams really scare me (speaking generally, not in terms of how they'd theoretically match up with the Chiefs) and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers take the division title.

Rams got blown away because they suck.  This shouldn't be any big shock, they were one of very few teams that was actually worse than the Chiefs last year too.  They're probably not that bad, they struggled with injuries last year, but they aren't a good team.

Don't really have any thoughts on Denver/Oakland.  They'll probably both be mediocre this year, though Denver will be better than Oakland.  Doesn't necessarily mean Denver will win the game, but I don't really care regardless.  Despite getting stunned today, the Chargers should win the division pretty handily, and Denver might find itself in the wild card hunt (especially since the AFC picture is already looking pretty wacky), but ultimately I don't think this game is going to be all that important to anyone except Broncos and Raiders fans.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I predict Matt Cassel has a great season, gets wildly overpaid by some other team as a free agent (hopefully the Chiefs!), then completely sucks.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

While I don't care who wins the Denver/Oakland game, it's nice to see the Raiders fans look so sad as their team gets blown away on national television!   :twisted:

Plus, their cookie-cutter stadium is probably the worst place to watch football (or any sport for that matter).  I saw the Denver Broncos make some nice plays from 3rd base!!!    :?

The Raiders have only won 19 games since 2003, yet they have a huge (disappointed) fanbase through out the nation.  I don't get it.

Hey Raiders fans!  Your team, your stadium, and your city sucks!!!!

[/Anti-Raiders rant]
KC is the way to be!
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

Plus, their cookie-cutter stadium is probably the worst place to watch football (or any sport for that matter).  I saw the Denver Broncos make some nice plays from 3rd base!!!    :?

The Raiders have only won 19 games since 2003, yet they have a huge (disappointed) fanbase through out the nation.  I don't get it.

[/Anti-Raiders rant]
[/quote]And yet they are on national TV year after year! No wonder they can never sell out at home! The primer and black suck!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Which team sucks/blows more:  Raiders or Rams?
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Raiders.  Because the Rams have actually won a Super Bowl this decade.

The Raiders have only won 19 games since 2003.
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The Chargers got robbed today. 
KC is the way to be!
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

AllThingsKC wrote: The Chargers got robbed today. 
There's no reason they should have been in that situation in the first place, though.  The Chargers are supposed to be one of the contenders in the AFC and the Broncos are supposed to be mediocre.  If the Chargers played up to the abilities everyone thought they had, the game wouldn't have come down to one play like that anyway.  Instead, they choked for the second week in a row.  This is shaping up to be a really bizarre year for the NFL, and especially for the AFC.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Former Kansas standout Aqib Talib gets his first NFL interception for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufWhM35YeI
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

AllThingsKC wrote: Raiders.  Because the Rams have actually won a Super Bowl this decade.

The Raiders have only won 19 games since 2003.
Oh, heck yea.  If we are talking about a time period beyond the early stages of this season...which is what I thought we were discussing.

Going back to who's worse this year....Rams or Raiders....Rams. 

Who's worse now.....Rams or Griefs?

Tough call.

I'll say the Rams.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

State of Missouri could have zero wins this year.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

StL_Dan wrote: Oh, heck yea.  If we are talking about a time period beyond the early stages of this season...which is what I thought we were discussing.

Going back to who's worse this year....Rams or Raiders....Rams. 

Who's worse now.....Rams or Griefs?

Tough call.

I'll say the Rams.
Yea, the Chiefs are going to have tough competition for the first overall pick. The Rams, Dolphins and Lions all look terrible, and I'm not exactly convinced the Raiders aren't going to be in the mix.

LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCMax wrote: Yea, the Chiefs are going to have tough competition for the first overall pick. The Rams, Dolphins and Lions all look terrible, and I'm not exactly convinced the Raiders aren't going to be in the mix.
Don't forget the Bungles - that Carson Palmer fantasy pick isn't helping me sleep at night.  :(
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

NDTeve wrote: State of Missouri could have zero wins this year.
That would make Missouri tied with Kansas, huh?    :P

Seriously, I tend to think that as Rams & Chiefs fans shy away from their team, more fans in Missouri will learn that Missouri has a Top 5 college team.

StL_Dan wrote: I'll say the Rams.
Nice try!  But, the Chiefs are way more suckier than the Rams!  If the Rams and Chiefs were to meet in the regular season, the Chiefs would lose!  Because the Rams can kick our butts!  So, there!!!  The Chiefs are going to lose waaaaay more games than the Rams.  The Rams rock!  We could lose to you all day long!  The Rams will be EXPOSED as the best team in the NFL!  So, take that, you stupid winners!

I would rather say "Our team lost to the Super Bowl Champions" than "Our team lost to the Oakland Raiders."
KC is the way to be!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

The Arizona Cardinals have now won back-to-back playoff games.  :shock:

When was the last time the Chiefs did that?
KC is the way to be!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Broncos will hire Patriots OC Josh McDaniels as head coach.

Colts coach Tony Dungy is retiring.

KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

AllThingsKC wrote: The Arizona Cardinals have now won back-to-back playoff games.   :shock:
I still find it hard for me to support the Cards even though I live in Arizone ,seeing where they came from.
OLD HATERIDS are hard to shake.
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCMax wrote:Broncos will hire Patriots OC Josh McDaniels as head coach.
Pioli + Edwards, anyone?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Big Ben...or...Big Baby???

Post by im2kull »

After watching this most recent AFC Championship game, and following the Steelers all season...I can finally understand why so many people in PA think Big Ben is nothing more than a Big Drama Queen.  I have found that as each week passes I tend to agree more & more, unlike the rest of our nation who chooses to drink the Koolade and pronounce him the "Toughest QB in America"

Let's all wake up and take some reality pills.  Big Ben is the emotional leader of Sports Center from Wednesday to Saturday; is listed as "doubtful" every Sunday from week one to sixteen+, screams "I'm outtt...I mean...oww..ouch! coach!" every 1st quarter when his buttocks beg to warm the bench, carries a "get out of the game free" card in his back pocket for those skill-doubting moments and could-have-been legendary drives, returns to his seemingly drunken form around the two minute warning...before zig zagging cross eyed into the locker room edition of "The Young and the Restless".  He then agonizingly proceeds to sleepwalk his way through the 3rd quarter; uses a sharpie to draw smileys on his wristband, is pressure cooked in the 4th by a vanilla defense that couldn't stop a mosquito trapped in fossilized tree sap, is doused with Champaign and pronounced the weeks media darling Sunday night, whilst monday morning quarterbacking with Mike & Mike reveals a superiority complex and general lack of credit toward any odd names...excluding Roethlisberger Polamalu & Foote, goes full retard with his Busa' on Tuesday....pack'n his lack-o-class M liscense and refusing to wear a helmet before act'n a tool and partaking in squidly behavior while bust'n a nut case on the asphalt, dreaming up a fast and the furious scene on second avenue, awakening to the limelight once again on Wednesday.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.