Big 12 Basketball 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by jlbomega »

I think it is about time to do the same thing for basketball.  I'll start it out with a few things....

Mizzou swept their three games in Canada over last weekend.  I'm not sure how much you can draw from these games.  It sounds good because none of the teams were ever really in the game against Mizzou, so at least this team might be able to take care of business (unlike the Snyder years).  In particular, the team shot very well from three point range and the new guards in particular seemed to stand out.  If Paul, Denmon, and English can step in and contribute immediately we might be able to quickly move on from the loss of K Law.

When does KU go to Canada? 

http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/777504.html

In other news... Michael Snaer will be in town this weekend for an offical visit.  He is a five star shooting guard from California.  Word has it he is very high on Mizzou, but it will be a difficult get.  If we can land him it will be a hugh momentum boost for the program and it will probably be our highest rated player since.... a long time.  Anderson has done a great job overall recruiting given the circumstances. 
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by Cyclops »

Why do threads always get locked when I'm actually posting something?
Maitre D wrote: Dude, thanks for the update.  Keep us posted.
HA! Yeah, sorry for "breaking" the news a day late. I looked through the last 5 or 6 posts and thought you guys were bickering about something else.

Anyway, It's my pleasure to provide you with what I can MD. Did you hear about KU winning the NC?

If I could afford to log in every day at 9:00 and hang all day I would. Otherwise it's usually 10:30 at night for me...  Now, I need to get back to work.  :D
the only thing for sure is change.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

why do super long sports threads always get locked while other threads are allowed to go on for years at a time?  i really didn't see the harm in having the old big 12 football and basketball threads continue to run their course.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

shaffe wrote: why do super long sports threads always get locked while other threads are allowed to go on for years at a time?  i really didn't see the harm in having the old big 12 football and basketball threads continue to run their course.
I agree.  It's kinda stupid.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

shaffe wrote: why do super long sports threads always get locked while other threads are allowed to go on for years at a time?  i really didn't see the harm in having the old big 12 football and basketball threads continue to run their course.
I like the idea of keeping the threads open as well.  Maybe (most) of the trash talk can stay in the old thread... at least for a while.  We can use these threads to discuss things that are going on for the upcoming/current season.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Snaer has Mizzou high on his list.  But KU started calling a couple weeks back when Xavier Henry's big bro signed with Memphis.

So he set up a visit to KU as well.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

does it matter?  It's not like the old threads aren't available for any needed reason.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Read all about it......

More good press for the ambiguously high duo.

Sombody needs to send David Stern the rubber stamped ku memo that "everyone is doing it, we're just the only ones getting caught.......oh, and Michael Beasley is dumb".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3569725

Stern angered by rookies' hotel room incident
By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

Details of the scandal involving Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur are beginning to emerge as the NBA and the players' association investigate the events that led to their expulsion from the league's rookie transition program Wednesday.

Several sources said Thursday that NBA commissioner David Stern was so angered by the two former Kansas players' alleged involvement with marijuana and women at the program that he made the call to remove them from their rooms at the Doral Arrowwood resort in Rye Brook, N.Y.

Chalmers and Arthur, who just months ago helped lead the Jayhawks to the 2008 NCAA championship, were dismissed from the four-day program after women -- a violation of the program's no-visitors rule -- and signs of marijuana usage were found in their hotel room.....

Edit: Please do not post entire copyrighted articles.

Last edited by KCMax on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

MidtownCat wrote: Image
I found my new work desktop.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

You'd think this would just go away like Shady's grade fixing to get him into college, but the national radio pundits are all over this one.

First Rome yesterday rakes the ambiguously high duo over the coals and now Mike and Mike this morning.

I guess when you run a renegade program and your athletic department lacks institutional control it's really not all that unexpected............

:D

kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MidtownCat wrote: Image
Hey, at least we know how to have a good time in Lawrence.  8)
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LEGALIZE IT!

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MidtownCat wrote: You'd think this would just go away like Shady's grade fixing to get him into college, but the national radio pundits are all over this one.

First Rome yesterday rakes the ambiguously high duo over the coals and now Mike and Mike this morning.

I guess when you run a renegade program and your athletic department lacks institutional control it's really not all that unexpected............

:D

Arthur's grade fixing was found false but the facts don't matter to Midtown Cat!!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

NDTeve wrote: Arthur's grade fixing was found false but the facts don't matter to Midtown Cat!!
I must have missed the conclusive investigative report on Phognet.  Do post the "facts"!
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

kcmetro wrote: Morris twins cleared to play.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/sep/ ... _eligible/
Finally. Now, maybe they can stay out of trouble.
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

"You ready to smoke, playboy?"

"Hellz yeah!!!"

MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

New KU Slogans for 2008

THEY NEVER TAUGHT US IN ALGEBRA THAT POT WAS ILLEGAL

HAWKS ARE FLYING HIGH

KU HOOPS - WE'RE SMOKIN' NOW

OUR ROOKIES CAN SMOKE YOUR ROOKIES

KU HOOPS IS GOING GREEN

OUR PLAYERS DON'T INHALE

WIN, LOSE OR DRAW WE'RE SMOKIN' ON THE KAW

KU HOOPS - WHY BE NORMAL?

OUR PLAYERS WENT TO THE NBA ROOKIE PROGRAM AND ALL THEY GOT WAS A CRUMMY
T-SHIRT

OUR PLAYERS HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE NBA ROOKIE PROGRAM THAT THEY ARE GOING BACK NEXT YEAR

THE NBA IS TOO STERN

OUR PLAYERS ARE REACHING NEW HIGHS
KU BASKETBALL - PUTTING THE FOG IN THE PHOG

KU BASKETBALL - ROCKIN THIS JOINT

KU NATIONAL CHAMPS 2008 - WEED ID IT

TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

BLUE SMOKE RISING
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.