Big 12 Football 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Big 12 Football 2008

Post by mgsports »

Do you the Cheifs verus the Dolphins in the Playoffs playing in like New Orleans no it would be in either Miami or KC and that's how it should be in College Sports wouldn't OK fans want to see there team play tomorrow in OK not have to drive all the way up to Arrowhead to see them play.
Last edited by mgsports on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

But the Super Bowl (where the Chiefs and Cowboys would meet) would be in New Orleans (potentially, as this  potential matchup is far in the future).
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

FYI to all Non-MU fans:

I had a relative pass away Friday morning.  So, now I am in a hick Texas town about 45 minutes from metro Dallas.  I probably will miss the game.   Therefore, since we all know Missouri should win this game by 50 points, if Oklahoma cheats and Mizzou loses, I probably will not be on here right after the game.  It's possible that I could be on right after the game, but I doubt it.

I should be back in KC on Sunday night (or Monday at the latest), and I will face the music then (should MU lose because OU cheated)! 

Thanks!
KC is the way to be!
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

mgsports wrote: Do you the Cheifs verus the Cowboys in the Playoffs playing in like New Orleans no it would be in either Dallas or KC and that's how it should be in College Sports.
Chiefs and Cowboys are in different conferences  :D
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Here's some irony - The AP has voted Colt McCoy B12 Offensive POY but only voted him to second team All-B12. 
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Here's some irony - The AP has voted Colt McCoy B12 Offensive POY but only voted him to second team All-B12. 
A lot of irony in the All B12 teams.  Mizzou has more players on the defensive teams than on offensive teams.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Highlander wrote: A lot of irony in the All B12 teams.  Mizzou has more players on the defensive teams than on offensive teams.
Perhaps this year they should have just refrained from naming an All B12 defense team and instead just named two first team offenses.    :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

No surprise, KU has accepted an invitation to the Insight Bowl in Tempe. Nebraska headed to the Gator Bowl against Clemson.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/dec/0 ... ight-bowl/

According to the source, even if the Alamo Bowl thought Kansas would be a better draw, the San Antonio-based bowl would not want to go against the wishes of one of its partners, the Big 12 Conference, by bypassing the North champion in favor of the division's third-place finisher.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I would be booking my flights hawkfans, fug its cold here :)

Damn I want a bowl game again, thanks Prince.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

KCMax wrote: No surprise, KU has accepted an invitation to the Insight Bowl in Tempe. Nebraska headed to the Gator Bowl against Clemson.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/dec/0 ... ight-bowl/

According to the source, even if the Alamo Bowl thought Kansas would be a better draw, the San Antonio-based bowl would not want to go against the wishes of one of its partners, the Big 12 Conference, by bypassing the North champion in favor of the division's third-place finisher.

Looks like the conf didn't want to get involved in another KU-MU pissing match this bowl season.  I can't say I blame them.

Mizzou fans like to say that the KU game didn't mean anything because they were already locked into the Big 12 title game anyway (and the Fiesta/Alamo as a result).    Of course, KU was locked into the Insight either way - so MU's  excuse for losing may not fly very far.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: I would be booking my flights hawkfans, fug its cold here :)

Damn I want a bowl game again, thanks Prince.
For fans who can manage to get away for a whole week, the basketball team will be playing UofA down in Tucson on the 23rd - Holiday in the desert. 
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Maitre D wrote:
Looks like the conf didn't want to get involved in another KU-MU pissing match this bowl season.   I can't say I blame them.

Mizzou fans like to say that the KU game didn't mean anything because they were already locked into the Big 12 title game anyway (and the Fiesta/Alamo as a result).    Of course, KU was locked into the Insight either way - so MU's  excuse for losing may not fly very far.
Since the Gator Bowl wanted Nebraska Mizzou always had two options.... Alamo or Fiesta. 
CrimsonInKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CrimsonInKC »

AllThingsKC wrote: FYI to all Non-MU fans:

I had a relative pass away Friday morning.  So, now I am in a hick Texas town about 45 minutes from metro Dallas.  I probably will miss the game.  Therefore, since we all know Missouri should win this game by 50 points, if Oklahoma cheats and Mizzou loses, I probably will not be on here right after the game.  It's possible that I could be on right after the game, but I doubt it.

I should be back in KC on Sunday night (or Monday at the latest), and I will face the music then (should MU lose because OU cheated)! 

Thanks!

Take your time, don't rush yourself. We'll have Booger Headpanty praying for mercy by halftime.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

CrimsonInKC wrote:
Take your time, don't rush yourself. We'll have Booger Headpanty praying for mercy by halftime.
Maybe, but you better hope Stoops doesn't serve up one of his BCS flops one game early this year.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

Turner Gill's Buffalo Bullls defeated #12 Ball State 42-24 to win the MAC Championship. He's probably going to be moving on to bigger and better things in the near future.
KCFutbol
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCFutbol »

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II
US Ranked 4th

(AP) -- After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

OK!  I'm finally able to post about the game (that I didn't see, only heard about):

It's kind of hard to make comments about a game that i didn't see, but judging by the final score I must say:  Congrats to OU for just barely pulling off the upset!  It was a hard fought game and OU wanted it more. 

Oh! And, remember the Alamo!
KC is the way to be!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Chase Daniel has to has pulled off the biggest season to season drop off in NCAA history, he looked absolutely awful last night. Passes were no where near accurate.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

shinatoo wrote: Chase Daniel has to has pulled off the biggest season to season drop off in NCAA history, he looked absolutely awful last night. Passes were no where near accurate.
Didn't you blast me for basically saying the same thing last week?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

jlbomega wrote: Didn't you blast me for basically saying the same thing last week?
You must be thinking of someone else. I would have said the same last week I think.