Big 12 Football 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Big 12 Football 2008

Post by NDTeve »

Crimson,
  You are not allowed to criticize MU. Only JLB and MoMan are..Same with K-State.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Maitre D wrote: Don't worry.  I'm compiling an entire list of excuses in the event Mizzou actually wins something for once.   

Their fans shouldn't have a monopoly on being crybaby losers.  I can and will, do it just as well.  (Should the miraculous happen finally)
You know, I almost never read these threads because it's so hard not to delete half the posts, but damn, dude. This may be the single most honest and noble thing you have ever posted on this forum... :lol:
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
CrimsonInKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CrimsonInKC »

jlbomega wrote: Play a 1-A team then you can come back here.

You mean like that powerhouse Southeast Missouri State?
CrimsonInKC
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CrimsonInKC »

NDTeve wrote: Crimson,
  You are not allowed to criticize MU. Only JLB and MoMan are..Same with K-State.

That pick six by Chase "Boogers" Daniel was a thing of beauty. Wasn't it? :D
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by MidtownCat »

Maitre D wrote: Don't worry.  I'm compiling an entire list of excuses in the event Mizzou actually wins something for once.   

Their fans shouldn't have a monopoly on being crybaby losers.  I can and will, do it just as well.  (Should the miraculous happen finally)
They won a Big XII North title.  Something ku has never done.

But, by all means, don't let your idiocy get in the way of a good argument...........

Last edited by MidtownCat on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoMan
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by MoMan »

MidtownCat wrote: They won a Big XII North title.  Something ku has never done.

Don't confuse him and NDTeve and the other mouth-breathing Kansas fans with something as bothersome as facts...
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

MoMan wrote:

Don't confuse him and NDTeve and the other mouth-breathing Kansas fans with something as bothersome as facts...
Funny, that's what we say about you guys over on the phog.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

CrimsonInKC wrote:
So do you think OU will actually suspend anyone for their bar malay?  Or will it be business as usual in Norman and sweep it all under the rug?
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

booger daniel?

Post by Maitre D »

CrimsonInKC wrote:

"Er, um.....eh, why do they call you....Booger?"  

-Asian dude in Revenge of the Nerds

[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Why?  Kansas football last year was a fluke, that doesn't come exclusively from KSU or Mizzou fans.  So I hope you are coming up with a list of excuses for just about every program that is worth a damn in all of college football.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Michael Keck has officially quit at Mizzou

http://blogs.columbiatribune.com/football/

Just another reason why star ratings are total garbage.  I remember several years back when Mizzou signed Mario Whitney as a four star athlete.  He played in the Arch Rivalry game, hurt his shoulder, left the program, and completely fell off the face of the planet.  Last I heard he signed with (then left... again) a JUCO.

I believe Keck was a four star as well.  It's too bad, Dave Matter refers to a troubled background but I don't claim to know anything about the personal lives of players.  This will affect depth, but he was listed co-no.2 (whatevert that means) on the depth chart with true freshman Jaquies Smith who the coaches are very high on. 
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Can you not clutter the thread with stories about MU backups quitting?  nobody cares
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Maitre D wrote: Can you not clutter the thread with stories about MU backups quitting?  nobody cares
Wrong again. 

Typical.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

jlbomega wrote: Michael Keck has officially quit at Mizzou

http://blogs.columbiatribune.com/football/

Just another reason why star ratings are total garbage.  I remember several years back when Mizzou signed Mario Whitney as a four star athlete.  He played in the Arch Rivalry game, hurt his shoulder, left the program, and completely fell off the face of the planet.  Last I heard he signed with (then left... again) a JUCO.

I believe Keck was a four star as well.  It's too bad, Dave Matter refers to a troubled background but I don't claim to know anything about the personal lives of players.  This will affect depth, but he was listed co-no.2 (whatevert that means) on the depth chart with true freshman Jaquies Smith who the coaches are very high on. 
That's funny, considering the Mizzou fans I know were going ape-shit about how great he was going to be in college. I didn't get it. There was a linebacker on his team that was way better than him.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

it's a bummer that keck didn't pan out.  there was a lot of hype and excitement around him when he committed being the #1 recruit in the state of missouri and all.  hopefully he still decides to either stay at mizzou and finish his degree or transfer to a lower level school and play there and get a degree.

however, i don't think this is a particular indictment on the star system on rivals.  he was simply passed up on the depth chart by somebody better and younger.  if it wasn't for jacques smith who knows if he would have stuck around all through the year and turned into something special in his last 3 years of eligibility.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

TheBigChuckbowski wrote: That's funny, considering the Mizzou fans I know were going ape-shit about how great he was going to be in college. I didn't get it. There was a linebacker on his team that was way better than him.
Oh please, you would be happy as hell if you got the top rated recruit out of Missouri.  Anyone is happy to get a four star commit.  On the other hand, we have all discussed over and over how the star system does not translate into college success. 
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

jlbomega wrote: Oh please, you would be happy as hell if you got the top rated recruit out of Missouri.  Anyone is happy to get a four star commit.  On the other hand, we have all discussed over and over how the star system does not translate into college success. 
Sure, I would've been happy to get him but not overly excited like Mizzou fans were.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

MoMan wrote:

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KU will be playing LA Tech on FSN this weekend at 6pm, if anyone is interested in watching.  It's also another sell-out for KU. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

know if that game is also being done in HD?

Are you surprised it's a sellout? 
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc