MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

ShowME wrote:

What's even more classless is a school that averages less than 30k a game. At least Mizzou fans care..

Wrong again....the game was a total sell out....and Mizzou got it handed to them. KU beat them in every aspect of the game and B Smith lost alot of credibility. Wittemore was definetely the better quarterback.

KU 35 Mizzou 14 :D
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by DiggityDawg »

:D :D :D

Rock...Chalk...

My Fearless Prediction was a 28-27 KU win...man am I glad I wasn't close.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by KCPowercat »

wow....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by trailerkid »

I find it funny that all the MizZOO loudmouths are no where to be found. Grid acts like he had little interest in the game when he was one of the people talking the most smack.

Own up Mizzou fans....you lost....no, you got completely worked on a network broadcast. And what's worse? You got worked by a KU team that was a literal joke even to KU fans the past several seasons. I guess there's always basketball season...whoops!
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by Brooksider »

Well, I had a blast at the game. I can't believe how few Mizzou fans were there. I would estimate 5,000 Mizzou and hardly any students. I guess it is a bit of a drive though. I've never been to a game in Columbia but I hope MU fans are as nice to guests as KU fans are. We had many MU fans in my section and we all joked around and got along fine with each other and we KU fans didn't rub the loss in their faces. Of course I sit in the old alumn section. We are usually nicer to each other than students are.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

R - O - C - K C- H - A- L - K J - A - Y - H - A - W - K - S
G - O K- U
G - O K- U
G - O K- U
G - O K- U

Come on Dan, I thought you liked to spell?

Where did all the Mizzou fans go? :-# [-( ](*,)
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by StL_Dan »

KU played an AWESOME game....much better than the remainder of their season will indicated.

This game reminds me of the 97 season when MU lost to KU early in conf play, then went on to a 7-4 record while KU digressed to 5-6.

Saturday's game was a bit like an unranked MU bb team beating a ranked KU in Hearnes.

Nice win, KU.

Mizzou :puke: all over themselves....

All time series....51-51-9.....KU cheated in '60.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by GRID »

StL_Dan wrote:KU played an AWESOME game....much better than the remainder of their season will indicated.

This game reminds me of the 97 season when MU lost to KU early in conf play, then went on to a 7-4 record while KU digressed to 5-6.

Saturday's game was a bit like an unranked MU bb team beating a ranked KU in Hearnes.

Nice win, KU.

Mizzou :puke: all over themselves....

All time series....51-51-9.....KU cheated in '60.
I second that, got to give KU credit though, they played well and the crowd...wow, from what I heard on the radio, rather impressive. But MU draws big crowds all the time even when they suck.

Oh well, I'm not an MU grad, but totally pull for them becasue it's the easiest way to say "I hate KU" and they blew it big time.

About the only time I get into college sports is when KU & MU play, mainly for an excuse to talk some KS smack.

That was bad MU.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by trailerkid »

I love that the tiggers turn this around on how bad KU is. Why don't you MU fans ever focus on yourselves? You talk about the KU fans and blah blah blah. There were some issues with that Mizzou football team that are much more important than anything KU did that day. Overated is the biggest understatement of the century.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by GRID »

trailerkid wrote:I love that the tiggers turn this around on how bad KU is. Why don't you MU fans ever focus on yourselves? You talk about the KU fans and blah blah blah. There were some issues with that Mizzou football team that are much more important than anything KU did that day. Overated is the biggest understatement of the century.
I don't know much about the teams except Brad Smith. I just wanted MU to beat KU and that didn't happen, so what else can I say?

Doesn't change my mind that I think KS is just a field with some KC suburbs in it. ;).
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by trailerkid »

I don't think it's really fair to see it as "the state of Kansas" vs. "the state of Missouri." It's KU vs. MU...done.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by GRID »

Damn, you take all the fun out it!
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by trailerkid »

Well, I mean, you define what the game means to you, but there's plenty of kids at KU who are from Missouri and vice versa.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by StL_Dan »

trailerkid wrote:Well, I mean, you define what the game means to you, but there's plenty of kids at KU who are from Missouri and vice versa.
good point.

correct me if you like, but traditionally, there are more "in state" kids playing for MU's football and basketball teams than there are on KU's bb and fb teams.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Missouri also has only one major university, whereas Kansas has KU, K-State and Wichita State. Some of those kids are going to choose (God help them), K-State. The state of Missouri's population is also double Kansas'.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by phxcat »

Some of those kids are going to choose (God help them), K-State.
That must have been a typo. Should read: Some of those kids are going to choose K-State, by the grace of God.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by phxcat »

Sorry to make this saound sacreligious, Dan- He started it!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by StL_Dan »

Missouri has more D1 schools than just MU.

SLU is in Conference USA and SMS is D1 as well. I believe SEMO is D1 as well.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by phxcat »

But for football, MU is the only one- and KU and K-State are both DI-A football schools. And Missouri is about twice the size of Kansas, so each Kansas school should have about 1/4 the instate kids as MU. What is impressive is that, looking at K-State's roster, over half of the kids are Kansans. That includes a number of starters and contributers, like Sproles, Butler, Rheem, Washington, Tetuan, Berry, Anders, there is at least another starer on the D-line I'm not thinking of- then add that to the string of instate secondary guys we've put in the NFL- Randolph, Chapman, the safety from Manhattan last year, Newman, along with Ochs, Simineou, Swift- I think we are doing pretty good in state.
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

MIZZOU 31 KANSASS 25

Post by Brooksider »

KU has 26 kids from Kansas and 11 from Missouri.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.