Where is the Chiefs talk?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Who said we wouldn't look good on the road??

Hopefully that will not be our only trip to Houston this year :D
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

Big football fan there aren'tchya, phxcat?

The StL Rams have call St Louis home for almost a decade since arriving in 1995. The Gridbirds were in St Louis since 1960.

You can't shake my foundation.
Like I said, St. Louis has only had a team for three years. The first four years of the Rams were an extension of the Cardinals, and under the once proclaimed genious, Mike Martz, they are back to their rightful place.

What I hate about the Rams is how condescending their fans became toward every other NFL city when they momentarily became good. KC, San Francisco, Oakland-LA-Oakland, Denver, Pittsbrug, Dallas- those are cities with football tradition. St Louis sold their soul for a bad team and got lucky when all the pieces came together- including Warner wandering in off the street after sacking groceries at Hy-Vee, and several players aquired directly from several years of horrible football (Orlando Pace, Torry Holt- high draft picks, Marshal Faulk trade from high draft pick).

The Chiefs have been there before, have been consistently good (with a few down years) since the early 90's (in addition to the Gatoraid years) anbd they will be back again. The Rams' fifteen minutes of fame is over.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:Like I said, St. Louis has only had a team for three years. The first four years of the Rams were an extension of the Cardinals, and under the once proclaimed genious, Mike Martz, they are back to their rightful place.

What I hate about the Rams is how condescending their fans became toward every other NFL city when they momentarily became good. KC, San Francisco, Oakland-LA-Oakland, Denver, Pittsbrug, Dallas- those are cities with football tradition. St Louis sold their soul for a bad team and got lucky when all the pieces came together- including Warner wandering in off the street after sacking groceries at Hy-Vee, and several players aquired directly from several years of horrible football (Orlando Pace, Torry Holt- high draft picks, Marshal Faulk trade from high draft pick).

The Chiefs have been there before, have been consistently good (with a few down years) since the early 90's (in addition to the Gatoraid years) anbd they will be back again. The Rams' fifteen minutes of fame is over.
St Louis was the only NFL city in Missouri for 3 years before the Chiefs were, that's right, MOVED to KC from Dallas.

St Louis Cardinals - 1960 - 1987 (27 years)
St Louis Rams - 1995 - present (9 years)

KC Chiefs - 1963 - present (40 years)

Additionally, here's a little something most KC area Chiefs fans either don't think about or know but don't discuss.....after having a team move to KC, the Chiefs went to the SB 4 years later in 1967 (sounds like the StL Rams path huh?).....then the Chiefs won it 3 seasons later in 70. Again, very similar to the plight of the StL Rams who went to another SB in 2001 after appearing in one in 1999.

I often wonder just how popular football would be in KC today had they not been transplanted from Dallas where they played horrible football and went to the SB 4 short years later.

The KC Chiefs and StL Rams have an amazingly similar history their first 6 or 7 years in their respective cities.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by phxcat »

I often wonder just how popular football would be in KC today had they not been transplanted from Dallas where they played horrible football and went to the SB 4 short years later
About as popular as hockey would be in St. Louis if the Blues hadn't been coddled by the NHL by being placed in a division full of expansion teams in '67.