Royals done?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
KCgridlock

Royals done?

Post by KCgridlock »

Doesn't look good, now we need to finish at 500 to lock in Sweeney...but is he really worth 11 million a year? I guess so, we need on halfway star player.

Let get that season ticket base up over the winter or KC will be in trouble in a couple of years. I think the Wizards have a larger ticket base and they draw close to 20k a game.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Royals done?

Post by bahua »

I sure don't think they're done. The White Sox have a very difficult September, and the Royals have a very easy one. If the boys in blue don't finish in first, I think they'll at least finish ahead of the White Sox, and that's all I care about.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Royals done?

Post by dangerboy »

Even if they are done, this season has been a great success. Just to be in contention all the way into September is such a huge improvement. If they can sustain this momemtum for the next few years the fans and season ticket buyers will come back. We don't need to be first in the division all the time, we just need to be consistently competitive and always have at least some chance of winning.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Royals done?

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm not stopping "believing" yet.....I think if we win 13 games we can get this done...here is what I predict for that to happen:

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/alcentralrace0907.xls

I'll be out there tomorrow and Thursday.....hopefully everybody still turns out even if they don't think it's going to happen...like dangerboy said, even if they don't win it, they've given us a great year....which is all we could really ask with us losing 100 last year.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Royals done?

Post by bahua »

I will be in Boston to see the Red Sox play the White Sox on Saturday. I will root aggressively and drunkenly, for the hometown team.