Ellie Roberson

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Ellie Roberson

Post by StL_Dan »

sucks for you, KC...........
===============================================
Cat QB sidelined by injury

By Kevin Haskin
The Capital-Journal
MANHATTAN -- Versatile senior quarterback Ell Roberson, the player Kansas State can least afford to lose, appears to be sidelined with an injury he suffered Saturday against McNeese State.

"I'm not going to be specific about it, but in all reality, it appears like we'll probably be without him for a period of time," K-State coach Bill Snyder said Sunday. "How long that's going to be, I don't know."

Roberson went down with 7:04 remaining in the second quarter, and left holding his left (non-throwing) wrist and hand. He did not return for the Wildcats in their 55-14 victory, spending the second half on the sideline with a towel wrapped around his injured hand.

Snyder did not elaborate on the nature of Roberson's injury.

Chris Landsberger/The Capital-Journal
Ell Roberson will be sidelined "for a period of time," according to coach Bill Snyder."Just got hit. He got hit," Snyder said.
After averaging 326.5 yards of total offense in K-State's first two games and boosting his early status as a Heisman Trophy candidate, Roberson generated 100 total yards in his abbreviated appearance Saturday. Included was a pretty 43-yard touchdown pass to James Terry.

K-State (3-0), which stood pat (No. 7 in The Associated Press poll and No. 6 in USA Today/ESPN) in both polls this week, can probably survive without Roberson on Saturday. The 1:10 p.m. matchup at home is against a second straight Division I-AA opponent, Massachusetts. But on Sept. 20, K-State plays Marshall, which took Tennessee to the wire, then the Cats have an off week before traveling to No. 6 Texas.

Could Roberson's return coincide with the start of Big 12 play?

"Yes, it could," Snyder said. "I don't know that for a fact. It's really nebulous. We just really don't know."

McLouth senior Jeff Schwinn will probably move into the starting spot with Roberson out. Schwinn struggled during his relief work against McNeese, going 5 of 14 for 83 yards.

The only other available scholarship quarterback is Dylan Meier, a redshirt freshman from Pittsburg. Meier threw an interception on his only attempt in his collegiate debut against McNeese, but bounced back to score on a 15-yard carry.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Ellie Roberson

Post by KCPowercat »

Good thing we have a month off before a real game....I expect him back by Texas.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Ellie Roberson

Post by phxcat »

He should be back for Texas- and he will be back for Mizzou (not that we will need him for that one!)
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Ellie Roberson

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:Good thing we have a month off before a real game....I expect him back by Texas.
LOL.....good point.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze