Choose!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.

What would KC support?

Poll runs till Sat May 09, 2037 2:12 am

NBA
53%
NHL
20%
AFL
13%
AHL
13%

Total votes: 15

KCgridlock

Choose!

Post by KCgridlock »

Assuming that KC built a new arena.
Discuss...
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Choose!

Post by bahua »

If AFL is arena football, then yes.

Please use a better title than "Choose!"
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Choose!

Post by dangerboy »

Where is the option for "None of the Above" ?

The arena issue is really very separate from the sports team issue. An arena can succeed on it's own with convention, trade, and concert business. It would probably be more successful without a sports team taking up convention dates and sucking up huge lease subsidies. As long as we build something that could accomodate the NBA or NHL in the future, it doesn't really matter today if we have a team or not.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Choose!

Post by phxcat »

AFL would be more likely, but I think we should be looking at the NBA. I don't know if we would support NHL, but NBA, with all the Jayhawks, Tigers, Earl Watsons, and other locals in the league, in addition to the superstars, I think people would go to watch for a few years at least, wether we had a good team or not.
KCDevin

Choose!

Post by KCDevin »

i dont think kc will get NBA yet, its not as hot as college anymore. I think NHL. Maybe the Kansas City Kings (even though that was the old BB team right?)...
Why did you say suppose we built one? Arent we giong to (i thought we were closer to funding/construction than we were to failing)