Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by StL_Dan »

Nice win in the friendly confines of the EDJ Dome in St Louis MISSOURI.

The MU/KU matchup should be once again be played in KCMO.

That would give MU TWO additional home games each year! and would be great atmosphere.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
tw
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by tw »

I second that...great win today..how about mr. smith!
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by Brooksider »

I don't know if a KC matchup would be a home game for Mizzou even though it is in MO. KC is pretty much a KU town. I know most of my neighborhood is KU. Not a MU flag on the block.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by trailerkid »

I always thought KC was split pretty even...with KU getting a bit more attention because of its proximity.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by StL_Dan »

Brooksider wrote:I don't know if a KC matchup would be a home game for Mizzou even though it is in MO. KC is pretty much a KU town. I know most of my neighborhood is KU. Not a MU flag on the block.
I know it....and it only reaffirms what I've known all along about KC Missourian sports fans. They turned their backs on MU a long time ago. Pathetic.

KC is a KU town.

StL is an MU town.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by phxcat »

I thought St. Louis was an Illinois town!

And KC should be a K-State town- the flagship university of the state and the city! People just don't know it yet!
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by The Summit »

Brooksider wrote:I don't know if a KC matchup would be a home game for Mizzou even though it is in MO. KC is pretty much a KU town. I know most of my neighborhood is KU. Not a MU flag on the block.
Nah, KC is still pro MU, we just don't have to put flags up or license plates on our cars to show it.

This was on the tigerboard, interesting fan base you have over there at K-State! KU could use a little of this...

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/displa ... age=939648
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:I thought St. Louis was an Illinois town!
That is so not the case it's laughable.

StL is Tiger and Billiken country. Always has been....always will be.

Columbia is only 1 hr 30 mins away and SLU is downtown.

Champaign is like 3 or 4 hours away.....much closer to Chicago/Big Ten land.

The local media devotes most of it's time to MU stuff. You don't have to worry about reading crap about KU KSU ISU NU or Illannoy.

The flagship media outlets also fly the MU flag, unlike the mixed bag in KC.

MU is buried down on 610 Country for goodness sake.

How weak is that?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by KCPowercat »

Ahhh, MU/KU talking about football....makes me smile inside.

Cats are the team, everybody knows it, everybody hates it.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by phxcat »

This was on the tigerboard, interesting fan base you have over there at K-State! KU could use a little of this...

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/displa ... age=939648
I saw that over on the K-State rivals board too- I can't imagine that being real- but if it's not, thats quite an editing job!
The local media devotes most of it's time to MU stuff. You don't have to worry about reading crap about KU KSU ISU NU or Illannoy.
It is very annoying that the media in St. Louis doesn't even give Big 12 scores.
Cats are the team, everybody knows it, everybody hates it.
Preach On!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by StL_Dan »

phxcat wrote:It is very annoying that the media in St. Louis doesn't even give Big 12 scores.
Really :shock:
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by phxcat »

Really
Yes! :evil:
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by bahua »

phxcat wrote:It is very annoying that the media in St. Louis doesn't even give Big 12 scores.
Why should they? The big 12 is a giant suck!

Big Ten 4 eva!

....I miss the Central midwest.
Anonymous

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by Anonymous »

OK, well they don;t give Big 10 scores either, except for Illinois!

Big 10 Suck 4 eva!
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by dangerboy »

Huh, I have always thought of Brookside as a huge MU neighborhood. I see MU flags everywhere down there. There are also large concentrations in the West Plaza, Lee's Summit, and Northland.
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by The Summit »

MU fans do not show off as much as KU or K-State Fans. You can drive all day long aroud the MO side of KC or StL and never see an MU logo on a car, chances are you will see a KU or K-State logo in MO before you see an MU logo.

Does this mean that there are no MU fans? Absolutley not.

MO residents have more than just some college team to root for. I am a sports fan but would have to put stickers of two MLB teams, two NFL teams, and NHL team and MLS team plus MU and SLU. Kansas people have nothing else going on except college sports and the occational KCMO major league sports bandwagon to hop aboard.

MO supports MU (In all sports) not just BB or FB, but also many others as well, every year. Always has, always will. But then we get on with our lives and don't have to hang a flag in our front yard year round.

Get it?
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by trailerkid »

Kansas people have nothing else going on except college sports and the occational KCMO major league sports bandwagon to hop aboard.
I have a major problem with the statement above. You honestly think the Royals, Chiefs and Wizards are strictly KCMO teams? Get a grip!
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by phxcat »

And, you honestly think people put Cardinals and Royals, Chiefs and Rams MU and SLU (Why not add SMSU?)

Kansas is good at basketball (as much as I hate to say it). K-State is good at football. Both schools can have pride in those programs as being among the best in the nation every year. MU isn't great at anything. No Final 4's, and the football program hasn't been getting to bowl games consistently. Another difference between the two states is that throughout the state KU and K-State have live among their rivals. MU fans have Missouri to themselves. We always have to show each other up, but after a KU-MU game, most Missourians don't have to get hassled at work the next day.
Mizzou05
Pad site
Pad site

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by Mizzou05 »

We always have to show each other up, but after a KU-MU game, most Missourians don't have to get hassled at work the next day.

i disagree with your statement. If you live in the KCMO area and you are an MU fan, chances are you have a ku fan next to you. I know me and my friends at school hassle back and forth between MU and ku games. My parents also get an ear full when they go to work Downtown if MU loses. Straight truth is ku only has basketball and a little bit of golf. MU is a better all around sports college. Its a fact. MU and ku just recently had a contest to see which school had the better athletic department. MU beat them in almost every sport. Yes i will admit ku has and always will have an awesome basketball program and K-State will have an outstanding football program. But the fact is MU is just a better all around sports college. You may disagree(which i am sure most of you will) but thats just how I see it. I know everyone has a team, thats what makes sports....sports. And I wouldnt have it any other way than to beat ku. GO MO :!:
KCgridlock

Way to go MU TIGERS!!!

Post by KCgridlock »

Having spent the week in Wichita, I agree. Kansas is like Nebraska, Iowa, Oklahoma, Alabamba etc. KU and K-State or who ever is Kansas and extremely important to most Kansans in general.

Missouri is more passive about college sports or something. I doubt people care any less about college sports, they just don't let it be as much a part of there lives as most Kansans.

And I do think it has something to do with the state being more urban cultured than KS. Having major cities and major league sports has to have something to do with it.

When I travel, I notice most MO people I meet are wearing Royals, Chiefs, Rams, Blues, Cards gear. Very rarely do I see MU gear (not sure I ever have). Kansas is just the opposite and I have met many many KC people all over the country by striking up a conversation with them by what they are wearing or what I or may family may be wearing.

Just what I have noticed. Please don't take it the wrong way.