No birds in Kansas City?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:nobody huh? wow, you talk to a lot of people...
I love sports and talk to hundreds of people about it.

I also notice the trends in how people adorn their vehicles...especially with sports stuff.

KSU stuff on cars was never seen back in 88.

Now...it's all over the place.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

Can you overestimate the MU football program and underestimate the KSU program any more? You act like MU football is the biggest thing in the midwest and KSU's program is nothing more than johnny come lately's. It's sad if that's your real thoughts but I think it's more of jealously getting to you so you overhype what you have and underestimate the strength of the KSU program....anticipate all you want, it's not happening.....your biggest win came last weekend vs. a poor Ill. team.

I've been to MU games....fall tradition? ha...that's a poor excuse for tradition.

Maybe we'll let you score this year.

What's worse, a KCMO resident who doesn't cheer for the "home state school" and cheers for his alma matar or somebody that claims to be a huge MU fan yet didn't even GO to the home state school?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:You act like MU football is the biggest thing in the midwest and KSU's program is nothing more than johnny come lately's.
Duuuude.......let's call the KSU football program for what it is.....and I think you came up with the perfect name..... "johnny come latelys".

Yes...that is exactly what I'm calling them. It's so obvious to anyone that has paid attention to Big 8+4 football the last 3 decades or more.

It was only 10 short years ago that KSU stopped embarrassing themselves and the whole friggin' state of Kansas. For doing that, I give them props.....but let's be real with our assessment of their overall program.

They are newbies to winning.

BTW....yes....pleeeeeeeeeeeeze let us score this year! that would be nice.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah the program is new to winning...the point of johnny come latelys is you are holding MU's program in WAAAAY to high of regard especially when comparing them to KSU. The program is new to winning but that hardly dismisses everything that is happening in Manhattan. MU with all their past "success" lays their heads down every night dreaming of KSU's success...that has to hurt.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:yeah the program is new to winning...the point of johnny come latelys is you are holding MU's program in WAAAAY to high of regard especially when comparing them to KSU. The program is new to winning but that hardly dismisses everything that is happening in Manhattan. MU with all their past "success" lays their heads down every night dreaming of KSU's success...that has to hurt.
It doesn't hurt at all. MU will once again be an excellent program and beat KSU like rented mules like they did when I was a kid.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

once again? Doesn't that infur excellence the first time?

You know what, you want to think every KSU fan has just discovered KSU since 93, fine...those of us who didn't know better.....KSU football just got good, longtime fans can't help "new" fans from jumping on board.....same way we can't help long time basketball fans from jumping after so much failure since 88.....but stereotyping every fan of any team that way is stupid.

of course same could be said for your beloved St. Louis Rams...now there's NO WAY, there are any "long time" St. Louis rams fans....talk about bandwagoners....that place wasn't even full until 99....but that's for another topic.....

but see how easy it is to just sit here and say "you are a bandwagoner"

KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

It's a known fact that all of Mizzou athletics are marginal at best. K-State football has been ranked in the top ten on many occurances in the last decade. The same can be said of the KU basketball teams...hell they've made it to the Final Four the last 2 years. Mizzou has gone nowhere fast. They ARE an embarressment to the state of Missouri. They are again a marginal football team that cannot compete with the likes of Kstate, OU, Nebraska or Texas. Their football team will once again finish a respectible 6-6 and go to some lame ass bowl game like the "middle of the pack.com bowl"

I'd rather be a "newbie to winning" than a "perpetual loser" StT_Dan :wink:
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:once again? Doesn't that infur excellence the first time?
Yes, it does. MU was darn good before their fortunes turned bad in the 80's. I believe your bowl exhibit in a prior post displays this.
KC wrote:You know what, you want to think every KSU fan has just discovered KSU since 93, fine...those of us who didn't know better.....KSU football just got good, longtime fans can't help "new" fans from jumping on board.....same way we can't help long time basketball fans from jumping after so much failure since 88.....but stereotyping every fan of any team that way is stupid.
Not EVERY fan......but most. Those like you who are true KSU fans of the football team from the day when they sucked, are few and far between.
KC wrote:...of course same could be said for your beloved St. Louis Rams...now there's NO WAY, there are any "long time" St. Louis rams fans....talk about bandwagoners....that place wasn't even full until 99....but that's for another topic.....
I don't think the same could be said of the STL Rams. They packed the house every game since 1995.

But, if STL Rams fans are bandwagoners...so are KC Chief fans....but that's for another topic, too I suppose.
KC wrote:but see how easy it is to just sit here and say "you are a bandwagoner"

I agree....it is easy to anonymously call someone or a group of people "bandwagoners".
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

wow, since 95? With that HUGE 60k seat stadium? How in the world did they do that? Couldn't be with the help of local TV?????

Chiefs fans are bandwagon fans? Come on....selling out an 80k seat stadium when the team has went to the playoffs since 98 isn't an easy task. Yeah they were empty in the 80's but not enough to lose a football team like some MO cities.

On that point, are Cardinal fans bandwagon fans? They had less people in the seats that us lowly royals during certain years in the 80's.....

It's stupid arguing fans....why do it?

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:wow, since 95? With that HUGE 60k seat stadium? How in the world did they do that? Couldn't be with the help of local TV?????

Chiefs fans are bandwagon fans? Come on....selling out an 80k seat stadium when the team has went to the playoffs since 98 isn't an easy task. Yeah they were empty in the 80's but not enough to lose a football team like some MO cities.

On that point, are Cardinal fans bandwagon fans? They had less people in the seats that us lowly royals during certain years in the 80's.....

It's stupid arguing fans....why do it?
And the Big Red outdrew the Chiefs in the 80's.

Arguing fans is stupid....but FUN!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

Our fans are better than your fans.....

Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by Brooksider »

I just took a look at my Jayhawk football media guide. If K-State beats KU in every game through the year 2029 the series will be tied at 61.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by tat2kc »

Well, since I'm a Texas Tech Graduate, I'll stay out of this sad sad KS/MO debate.... 8) . HOWEVER: for you jawhawkers: What the hell is up with this "wave the wheat" thing? :shock: I mean, really. At least us Texas school fans have some good cheers/hand gestures. But waving your arms like a bunch of wheat??? Come on, folks, you can do better!!! \:D/

GO RED RAIDERS! "Guns UP!" O:)
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by Brooksider »

I guess we wave the wheat because Kansas is the wheat state. I see many schools copying it now.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by trailerkid »

Waving the wheat is cool...very related to the geography of Kansas.

What about UT...."Hook 'em horns" with your fingers up like horns....that's a million times worse because it looks unoriginal and stupid as @#%#!!!!!!
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by eliphar17 »

KC wrote:why exactly is it great being black and gold? athletics never won anything, academics are average, every program seems to be under FBI investigation...even with only 1 major college in MO can't seal the borders for recruiting.....
And don't forget, highest tuition by far in the Big 12 for essentially the same product. I myself hail to old KU (whatever that means at the age of 17), but I'm determined to not go anywhere in the Big 12 for college because the Plains are totally boring.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by tat2kc »

Hey now! Hook em Horns is great!!! :D
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCgridlock

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCgridlock »

eliphar17 wrote:
KC wrote:why exactly is it great being black and gold? athletics never won anything, academics are average, every program seems to be under FBI investigation...even with only 1 major college in MO can't seal the borders for recruiting.....
And don't forget, highest tuition by far in the Big 12 for essentially the same product. I myself hail to old KU (whatever that means at the age of 17), but I'm determined to not go anywhere in the Big 12 for college because the Plains are totally boring.
Might want to check out the academic stats of MU vs KU. So there (I know you are but what am I)...the war goes on and on and on...
KCGoat
Pad site
Pad site

Re: No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCGoat »

"Bandwagon State" doesn't make a whole lot of sense... why in Allah's name would you bandwagon a program rife with disappointment.... no... it takes lifelong dedication to tolerate this kind of futility..

K-State, Chiefs, Royals... these are not bandwagon institutions... you've got to be brought up properly to tolerate this kind of misery on a yearly basis :)

PS>  Jesus this board moves fast
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: No birds in Kansas City?

Post by anniewarbucks »

Hey guys how did a thread that started out about birds (sparrows ribins wrens etc)disapearing from the city turn out to be a thread about sports superiority? To get this thread back on track with the original intent, if birds can not find anything to eat (worms seads, insects or any other food) they will go for greener pastures. about the only thing that a bird would go into the concrete jungle for is the small pieces of sand to digest their food. They can get these close to their food source.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.