No birds in Kansas City?

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by dangerboy »

KCgridlock wrote:I do wish that KU would build up a KC campus so I could get my Master's faster. UMKC isn't cutting it.
It's not quite KC, but they have had a campus nearby in Overland Park for several years.

http://edwardscampus.ku.edu/
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:the next thread that is turned into this KU/MU/KSU b.s. by the way will be closed...this is getting crazy...EVERY topic takes this turn.
just goes to show guys love sports, i guess
KC wrote:Dan...call us Bandwagon St. or whatever you wish.....why would anybody bandwagon a school like KSU...if you listen to KU/MU fans we have nothing so what is there to jump on?
why??? cuz they have accomplished things no other area college ever ever has, i suppose - can you smell the sarcasm?
KC wrote:Fact is we've experienced success since the 90's that you can only dream of at MU. It's sad you have to resort to name calling instead of demanding that YOUR school get better.
REALLY? Seem to me MU attained success only Bandwagon St only dreamed of back in the 60's and 70's and more recently in the 80's....namely Orange Bowls and ANY bowl for that manner.

Your lack of knowledge in this area only confirms my belief that your KSU memory only goes back as far as the 1990's....not the 1890's as you'd have us believe.

Additionally, I do demand my team gets better....and they have...haven't you been paying attention?
KC wrote:I was born purple, my family made sure of that.
I'm so so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

lack of knowledge in the area? what? No I don't know what happened in the 1890's or even before I was born, I don't admit too...I know I've watched a bad football team for many years and a successful basketball program for many years...that all flipped about 1989.....not sure what that has to do with my knowledge on the subject.

MU bowl history:
1 L 12-25-1924 MU 7 USC 20 Los Angeles Christmas Festival
2 L 01-01-1940 MU 7 GTech 21 Orange Bowl
3 L 01-01-1942 MU 0 Fordham (NY) 2 Sugar Bowl
4 L 01-01-1946 MU 27 Texas 40 Cotton Bowl
5 L 01-01-1949 MU 23 Clemson (SC) 24 Gator Bowl
6 L 01-02-1950 MU 7 Maryland 20 Gator Bowl
7 L 01-01-1960 MU 0 Georgia 14 Orange Bowl
8 W 01-02-1961 MU 21 Navy (MD) 14 Orange Bowl
9 W 12-22-1962 MU 14 GTech 10 Bluebonnet Bowl
10 W 01-01-1966 MU 20 Florida 18 Sugar Bowl
11 W 12-28-1968 MU 35 Alabama 10 Gator Bowl
12 L 01-01-1970 MU 3 Penn St. 10 Orange Bowl
13 L 12-23-1972 MU 35 Arizona St. 49 Fiesta Bowl
14 W 12-29-1973 MU 34 Auburn (AL) 17 Sun Bowl
15 W 12-23-1978 MU 20 Louisiana St. 15 Liberty Bowl
16 W 12-29-1979 MU 24 South Carolina 14 All-American Bowl (AL)
17 L 12-27-1980 MU 25 Purdue (IN) 28 Liberty Bowl
18 W 12-19-1981 MU 19 Southern Mississippi 17 Florida Citrus Bowl
19 L 12-23-1983 MU 17 BYU 21 Holiday Bowl
20 L 12-29-1997 MU 24 Colorado St. 35 Holiday Bowl
21 W 12-26-1998 MU 34 West Virginia 31 Insight.com Bowl
Wow, a bowl record of 9-12...with a whole 7 bowl games since I've been born....27 years....great accomplishments. Yes MU does have a good football history...but do you REALLY want to sound like a KU fan talking about things that happened before any of us were born? If so, feel free.

I can do nothing about how bad KSU was in football in the past...call it bandwagoning, call it whatever you wish. All I know is we have rolled you tigers for quite awhile. Have your better team in the 50's and 60's and even 80's...I'll take a better team now. #6/#7 in the country, 2 heisman canidates, & 11 win seasons 5 out of the last 6 years....along with 10 straight bowl games.

and an up and coming basketball program that just got it's best recruiting class in 10 years....it's a good time to be purple.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

I'll stay out of this discussion until the basketball season starts. Our football season started out like normal...another loss....different year. :cry:
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

why stay out because you are bad, doesn't keep MU fans out.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

And KState's bowl history?
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC_JAYHAWK wrote:I'll stay out of this discussion until the basketball season starts.
Typical.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

6-5 record.

82 indepedence bowl L
93 Copper bowl W (insight.com now)
94 Aloha Bowl L
95 Holiday bowl W
96 Cotton bowl L
97 Fiesta bowl W
98 Alamo L
99 Holiday W
00 Cotton W
01 insight.com L
02 Holiday W

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:6-5 record.

82 indepedence bowl L
93 Copper bowl W (insight.com now)
94 Aloha Bowl L
95 Holiday bowl W
96 Cotton bowl L
97 Fiesta bowl W
98 Alamo L
99 Holiday W
00 Cotton W
01 insight.com L
02 Holiday W
Not bad.

It may be a good time to be purple lately....but it always has been, is and will be a great time to be black n gold.....win or lose.

Apparently, that's what separates MU Fan from KSU Fan.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

I have no problem being a KSU alumni no matter how the teams do....where did you get any other impression?

why exactly is it great being black and gold? athletics never won anything, academics are average, every program seems to be under FBI investigation...even with only 1 major college in MO can't seal the borders for recruiting.....

I'd be pissed as a MU alumni...but I guess you aren't so it doesn't really matter to you.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:I have no problem being a KSU alumni no matter how the teams do....where did you get any other impression?

why exactly is it great being black and gold? athletics never won anything, academics are average, every program seems to be under FBI investigation...even with only 1 major college in MO can't seal the borders for recruiting.....

I'd be pissed as a MU alumni...but I guess you aren't so it doesn't really matter to you.
I'm a native Missourian and have held the state institution in high regard since I was a youngster.

As a little kid growing up in St Louis, I associated Columbia closely with the state capital of Jeff City since they were both in mid Missouri. I really liked going to both towns. My dad's family is also from the Versailles/Eldon/Jeff City area which has strong MU overtones. I ate that stuff up as a kid....and the kid in me still does.

Yea....MU has some problems....some potentially big ones....but my love for Missouri was cemented LONG before any of the recent events involving speculative and documented NCAA infractions. I'm a loyalist to a fault. I don't flip flop just because something once golden becomes a little tarnished for the time being.

Me....embarrassed.....YES I AM. But my kids embarrass me in public all the time too....but do I distance myself from them?

HECK NO.

There's more to my love and passion for someone or something than performance or how they/it compares to something else. And that will never change or be compromised.

And I'm proud to know that I have shown my love for MU loooooooooong before K Staters admitted to being "powercat" fans, put little powercat plates on their cars or hung purple flags from their awnings.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:...even with only 1 major college in MO can't seal the borders for recruiting.....
Actually, have you seen the list of verbal commitments this year?

MU already has 5 or 6 of the top in state players.

KSU only has one or two in state kids committed. One of them is my cousin. I'm really proud of him. He chose KSU over OU. GREAT decision.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

pretty poor to assume KSU alumni have only been proud of their university in the last 10 years...same could be said for MU fans now that the basketball and football team have started to turn a corner...there are bandwagon fans everywhere.....we are obviously not those people.

I had enough pride in my school to actually attend it for an education.....

KSU has the borders sealed to any players we want...heard of Darren Sproles? Fact is the state of KS doesn't have that many top players...just look at the Top 100 prospects and see how many are from KS.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:pretty poor to assume KSU alumni have only been proud of their university in the last 10 years...same could be said for MU fans now that the basketball and football team have started to turn a corner...there are bandwagon fans everywhere.....we are obviously not those people.

I had enough pride in my school to actually attend it for an education.....

KSU has the borders sealed to any players we want...heard of Darren Sproles? Fact is the state of KS doesn't have that many top players...just look at the Top 100 prospects and see how many are from KS.

no no no....ksu alumni have only been proud of and wear the colors of their football team since 1990.

that's been my whole point.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

wrong...

football has a different color?

We're alumni, we support all sports.....probably not picking many football arguments with other teams after the years at futility U though...so maybe that's why you were confused.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:wrong...

football has a different color?

We're alumni, we support all sports.....probably not picking many football arguments with other teams after the years at futility U though...so maybe that's why you were confused.
There's no confusion on my part. NOBODY even acknowledged K State had a football program the first couple years I lived in Kansas.....nobody.

Now...every other car has a powercat license plate or sticker on their car.

It's hilarious.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

nobody huh? wow, you talk to a lot of people...I didn't have a car until I was 16 which was the 90's...so can't speak to having a license plate but I do know I pimped plenty of KSU gear before the 90's.....

quit making assumptions about everybody, it just looks ignorant.

KSU barely had a football program probably why nobody really talked about it....they were almost dropped from D1 football at a time...

which makes where we are now so much better.

I know it's a lot to take in....to be an MU fan and have some prior success and see a program that had both feet in the grave rise to a consistant top program...it's got to hurt. about like KSU's bball program downgrading while other area programs improve...I see where you are coming from.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:KSU barely had a football program probably why nobody really talked about it....
bingo
exactly

thank you

i knew if i kept you going on and on long enough, you'd admit the truth
KCPowercat
Ambassador

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by KCPowercat »

I've stated that many times....same way we don't talk about KU football or MU football (until a couple years ago)....nobody talks about it.....radio/tv/etc only talk about the successful programs.

Now KSU fans would talk to each other about it but it was ludacris to bring it up in everyday conversation...

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

No birds in Kansas City?

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:I've stated that many times....same way we don't talk about KU football or MU football (until a couple years ago)....nobody talks about it.....radio/tv/etc only talk about the successful programs.

Now KSU fans would talk to each other about it but it was ludacris to bring it up in everyday conversation...
KC.....get real. MU football has been much anticipated for 100 years, son.

I know it's hard to understand as a Kansas City Missourian that doesn't pay attention to the home state team, but the rest of Missouri has embraced MU football. It's a fall tradition. It's part of the fun being an MU Fan.