San Francisco in a weekend - suggestions?

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: San Francisco in a weekend - suggestions?

Post by Highlander »

Great stuff guys. Unfortunately, my business trip stands but I have to cut back the duration of how long I can stay with my wife when the trip is over as I have some business conflicts. So, probably 2 days in San Francisco at max. Fortunately, the business trip will be in Monterrey and Sonoma.
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

I get up early in SF because of the time change. On a Sunday morning it is fun to walk through China Town about 7 am. Start close to Union Station and go north. Don't have to spend a dime. If you have great stamina, you can walk all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. I did that once but had to take a cab back to the hotel. It is a fairly long distance.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

knucklehead wrote:I get up early in SF because of the time change. On a Sunday morning it is fun to walk through China Town about 7 am. Start close to Union Station and go north. Don't have to spend a dime. If you have great stamina, you can walk all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. I did that once but had to take a cab back to the hotel. It is a fairly long distance.
Sounds fun. On our first day in NY, we walked from Madison Square Garden to Battery Park and back - wasn't too bad. Wonder how the distances compare?

We are thinking of walking across the Golden Gate Bridge too. We'll see about that one though - can be windy and cool.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

knucklehead wrote:I get up early in SF because of the time change. On a Sunday morning it is fun to walk through China Town about 7 am. Start close to Union Station and go north. Don't have to spend a dime. If you have great stamina, you can walk all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. I did that once but had to take a cab back to the hotel. It is a fairly long distance.
I've been on a variation of that walk, Chinatown to North Beach over to Coit Tower, then down many many staircases to just north of the Ferry Building. Fantastic and a work out!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I recommend the "down" route.