NYC Advice

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: NYC Advice

Post by brewcrew1000 »

When you were walking around did you notice a lot of people looking down on cell phones and not paying attention or bumping into people? I think if i bumped into a bunch of people because they were looking down at cell phones I would eventually get mad and just chuck someones phone in the street.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

brewcrew1000 wrote:When you were walking around did you notice a lot of people looking down on cell phones and not paying attention or bumping into people? I think if i bumped into a bunch of people because they were looking down at cell phones I would eventually get mad and just chuck someones phone in the street.
Yea, exactly what I was thinking walking around NYC. Tourists (generally European?) were actually the worst offenders and many people would stop right in the middle of choke points (entrances etc...) to check their phone, have a conversation, attend to their kids etc... It doesn't sound like a big deal to Kansas Citians because they don't have to deal with crowds 24/7 like NYC but when you are dealing with people being pretty inconsiderate 8 hours a day for a week, it did get really annoying.

That was my only real issue with NYC, regardless of what you want to do, several thousand others have the exact same idea. Despite the hugeness of the built environment, everything at a personal level there was very small: small restaurants with tables crowded together, small hotel rooms, small venues, small seats in the theaters etc....
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I would like nothing better than to barrel into some oblivious texter. the harder the better.