Thoughts on Denver

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
teclis
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Thoughts on Denver

Post by teclis »

I would also like to add that at no time did I use the "?" when I typed this up in Word. So much for my plan of thinking that you guys wouldn't know how bad my spelling is! :shock:
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

Maybe its just my experience, but it seems like there's a lot of people in Denver who have no intellectual curiosity about anything in the Midwest, and a lot of them are Midwestern transplants (or grew up in a very Midwestern-like Denver). Why would I want to live there now? At least when I sit down at a bar in SF, people ask me intelligent questions about where I'm from.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

warwickland wrote: Maybe its just my experience, but is seems like there's a lot of people in Denver who have no intellectual curiosity about anything in the Midwest, and a lot of them are Midwestern transplants (or grew up in a very Midwestern-like Denver). Why would I want to live there?
true.
nice Another Green World. Eno is God.  :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Seems like Denver is going on a marketing blitz, at least in KC, promoting their city. I've noticed a large billboard for Denver outside of downtown, and have heard several radio ads for their dinosaur exhibit.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

Geez, they must have huge marketing dollars as I can't turn on the radio without "tutdenver" or some mile high promo spot...anyone know if we managed to advertise anything there? I'm guessing no. We probably aim at Omaha and Des Moines. Too bad, the Denver folks I have talked with on my visit have never been here and ask me "what's it like?" with a blank look. We certainly have more attractions and history. Yes, I know, they have the mountains and bike paths.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I think all of the state tourisim/visitors bureaus have latched on to the forecasts that summer travel will be back up this year.  I was watching something on cable the other night and there were like seven different ads telling me why I needed to spend my summer in Michigan. 
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I think all of the state tourisim/visitors bureaus have latched on to the forecasts that summer travel will be back up this year.  I was watching something on cable the other night and there were like seven different ads telling me why I needed to spend my summer in Michigan.  
Eastern Missouri is getting the Michigan billboard ads again, although not the like the blitz of 2008. Only problem is that Eastern Missouri isnt Indiana or Ohio - we have things like Bud Light and inpoundment boating fatalities.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

Downtowner wrote: Geez, they must have huge marketing dollars as I can't turn on the radio without "tutdenver" or some mile high promo spot...anyone know if we managed to advertise anything there? I'm guessing no. We probably aim at Omaha and Des Moines. Too bad, the Denver folks I have talked with on my visit have never been here and ask me "what's it like?" with a blank look. We certainly have more attractions and history. Yes, I know, they have the mountains and bike paths.
There are occasional TV ads for KC in St. Louis. Do you guys get those silly/sappy Chicago ads that advertise under the guise of speaking for the entire state of Illinois?
Last edited by warwickland on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Downtowner wrote: Yes, I know, they have the mountains and bike paths.
Denver doesn't have mountains.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

trailerkid wrote: Denver doesn't have mountains.
If you were in my house, I'd tell you to go home now.