Buffalo: My Hometown

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
iheartbooks
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Buffalo: My Hometown

Post by iheartbooks »

I grew up in Buffalo, New York.  Recently, it was named in the top ten miserable cities by Forbes.  While it can be a depressing place in winter, it has its charms and fun activities in summer.  The pictures I have posted below don't really represent any of the cultural events that go on (Taste of Buffalo, Allentown Art Festival, Elmwood Avenue, etc.) they are pics of some of our better architectural works in the city.  And, BUFFALO HAS LIGHT RAIL!  (Disclaimer: it is a one stretch, 6 mile line...it was underfunded and the entire project was cut short...resulting in the one line).

My girlfriend and I live in Waldo, but I try to get back to the Buff every year to visit family...we try to go in the summer (when these pics were taken).

AJoD
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Buffalo: My Hometown

Post by AJoD »

Nice pics, thanks.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Yeah, very nice!  Buffalo was once very grand!  Hope it can find some sort way to become a popular city again.  Seems like everyone I hear talk about Buffalo on the East Coast says that it's sad and decrepit...but used to be great and has neat old buildings.  Love all the ones I saw in those pics.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

Those buildings are beautiful. Looks like a nice place to me. Thank you for posting!
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)