Watkins Glen in New York, July 2008

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Watkins Glen in New York, July 2008

Post by Roanoker »

These will be the last of the pictures taken at Watkins Glen. As you can see by the number prefix, I took well over 400 on that day, 7/31/08.

You never know what you might find in the Glen.

I had more pictures of that first bridge when we started this trek, but they were redundant. This one was taken from that bridge, looking back at the trail we had just traversed.

Now we are back where we started.

Had to stop and smell the roses, or whatever these things are. This shot was originally portrait-oriented, but you couldn't see the flowers very well. I guess you still can't.

I added this one because I got tired of gray and green. :)

Since we sold our house and I gave notice that my last day at work will be 7/7/09, we will be busy packing and moving out. Closing date is 7/10/09, and we will leave the next day for Kansas City! One son is flying in to drive one of our two vehicles. My husband, of course, will drive the truck. Son and I will arm-wrestle over who gets to drive the Miata.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)