Dallas/Fort Worth

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

dangerboy wrote: Yet I still have zero desire to visit any place in Texas outside of Austin.
San Antonio can be a pleasant visit under the right circumstances.  But otherwise . . . yes. 
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: San Antonio can be a pleasant visit under the right circumstances.  But otherwise . . . yes. 
I've been to San Antonio once, and had a good time.  But there was nothing about it that made me yearn to return.
cknab1
Ambassador

Post by cknab1 »

I went to San Antonio last year to visit some friends.  We had a great time, went to the River walk and ..................  Oh, I guess that was it.
I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

cknab1 wrote: I went to San Antonio last year to visit some friends.  We had a great time, went to the River walk and ..................  Oh, I guess that was it.
no Alamo?
I got dragged there as a little kid. And now Fess Parker is gone. Yikes!
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

bbqboy wrote: no Alamo?
I got dragged there as a little kid. And now Fess Parker is gone. Yikes!
I remember being completely underwhelmed by the Alamo when I went as a kid; nothing like the Alamo from the John Wayne movie.  When I returned last year, I found it kind of fascinating and the grounds were really nice too.  Now, outside of the Alamo and the river walk, there ain't much there.  Sea World and Fiesta Texas are worth visits for the kids but the latter is hottest place I've ever been in my life.  Absolutely no shade.