Another New Business in the Crossroads

KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Went jogging today and saw a sign up for 'The Filmrow Cafe' coming in Spring 2003. It is located at 1921 Wyandotte in the corner building that was partially destoryed by fire a little while back. It looked like there was still a lot of work left, but nonetheless, another good sign for the Crossroads area.

KCDowntown
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yet another....in the paper today, the people who own Bazooka's are opening what they call a "nice" restaurant on 17th & Main....nothing to do with adult entertainment, just a good restaurant.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

I saw the sign for the filmrow cafe during first friday. peeked in the window, it looks great! I can't wait for it, and Local Harvest to open
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
MidtownGrrl
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by MidtownGrrl »

I called Local Harvest to see when the new place would be opening up. It sounds like it may be a couple of months, but they are sending out postcards once the additional location next to YJ's opens.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

More good news

Post by KCDowntown »

Over the weekend a sign went up just north of the new Filmrow Cafe for "Crossroad Dentistry."

Also, at the junction of Wyandotte and Southwest Boulevard signs for leaseable space went up.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

More and more...

Post by KCDowntown »

It also looks like the renovation of the Monroe Hotel on Main b/t 19th and 20th is back underway.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Monroe may become lofts, but there is a problem with parking - there isn't any. I heard they were looking at ways to get cars into the basement.
MidtownGrrl
Strip mall
Strip mall

Local Harvest

Post by MidtownGrrl »

Local Harvest is closer to moving into the space. They were providing sno-cones during First Friday and said they hoped to be up and running in a couple of weeks.

They plan to stock similar items as in their City Market store, along with some more convienence type foods, like sandwiches or snacks maybe.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

I believe the Filmrow Cafe ended up opening at 17th and Washington.

There is work currently going on for a new business in the building on Wyandotte that partially burnt down. Its called Aesthetica and is a home decor shop.