hotels

macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

hotels

Post by macnw »

The article in the Star yesterday about the state of the hotel industry is eye opening. I am wondering what kind of impact this will have on a project such as the President Hotel? Is there any chance of this getting financing in this economy? What about a proposal to create a building with half the number of hotel/boutique rooms and half permanent apartments. This would accomplish two things, save a historical building and add additional rental units to the downtown market. I think the President project must reevaluate or be doomed to demolition. Any thoughts on this idea.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

hotels

Post by ignatius »

Half hotel/apts a great idea and is successful in other cities. I'm also concerned about the Parklane Apts on the Plaza that is planned for a boutique hotel... or potentially destruction.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: hotels

Post by QueSi2Opie »

macnw wrote:The article in the Star yesterday about the state of the hotel industry is eye opening. I am wondering what kind of impact this will have on a project such as the President Hotel? Is there any chance of this getting financing in this economy? What about a proposal to create a building with half the number of hotel/boutique rooms and half permanent apartments. This would accomplish two things, save a historical building and add additional rental units to the downtown market. I think the President project must reevaluate or be doomed to demolition. Any thoughts on this idea.
Downtown needs more hotels...I believe it's the suburban hotels that are hurting the most. If KC can build an arena and expand Bartle, we can attract more conventions and events, the hotel occupancy will rise. Besides, hotel occupancy is worse in many other U.S. cities.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

hotels

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah a couple more downtown hotels are needed to draw bigger conventions. Problem is the downtown hotels suffer until those conventions get here...so there is a lull period....with more retail going downtown tourists might start taking downtown to the Plaza....Plaza hotels are doing very well right now
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc