Another first friday!

tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Another first friday!

Post by tat2kc »

I am about to walk out the door of my loft, and walk to City Tavern to meet friends for cocktails and dinner, then stroll to the galleries to see what's what and who's who, then up to YJ's for a latte, maybe some dancing later on at the DB, then home. The streets will be crowded, the art will be great, the people watching will be first class! And I won't have to drive my car all weekend! :D

And the suburbanites say that downtown is dead! Poor clueless fools.... :wink:
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Another first friday!

Post by ignatius »

First Friday is one of the coolest things I've done downtown. Very cool when film students project their latest project on the alley walls, jazz bands on the loading docks. It's time to make it a weekly event. Have fun! I'll make one soon.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Another first friday!

Post by tat2kc »

Good Lord, the streets were packed!!! :shock: A couple of times, around 8, I had to walk in the street cause the crowds were so big. A couple more bands playing outdoors, and ti'll be absolutely the best. The neon galery had some great stuff.

Talked to a couple friends who just sold their house. Now they are renting as they hunt for a new home. Had such fun time again down here that they are going to the Western Auto Lofts tomorrow to see what is still available for purchase. Also saw a sign for a new cafe going in on Battimore between 17th and 18th. It is geting to the point that it may be a good idea to just bock close baltimore to traffic from 6 to 9 on the first fridays.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Another first friday!

Post by KCPowercat »

Wow, he's not kidding....had to drag the woman out (not much of an art person) but she was even impressed with the amount of people (and the amount $$$ of the art). Here are some pictures I snapped.....now these pictures were about 7:15.....right after most opened...we ran to Lulu's and ate about 8pm and missed most of the crowds....hit the galleries early. Here they are.

Great showing by the Crossroads....anybody who says downtown is dead needs to hit a first friday....bands, eats, art, drinks....this has it all...great time, great urban experience....can't wait to see it grow even more with the influx of residents that is still coming in.

http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Another first friday!

Post by KCPowercat »

by the way...look at picture #1...shows how close the crossroads is creeping to the downtown loop..you can CLEARLY see the foot of the P&L a meare 4 blocks away....you put a retail strip in there and these destinations are EASILY walkable.....without BRT (which we still need)

KCgridlock

Another first friday!

Post by KCgridlock »

WOW, great pics KC! Post them on ssp. I need to get down there for that!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Another first friday!

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I think I'll get them up on ssp.com tomorrow. It really was a good time....sorry I couldn't buy the $25,000 pieces of art though I think that's why they serve the booze :cheers:

trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Another first friday!

Post by trailerkid »

Stop posting those pics!!! You're rubbing it in our faces how great KC is becoming. Sign me up for a pad in a couple years...if there will be anything good left.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Another first friday!

Post by DiggityDawg »

Killer pics...I gotta get down there & check one of these out some time.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Another first friday!

Post by dangerboy »

DiggityDawg wrote:Killer pics...I gotta get down there & check one of these out some time.
Definitely. It's a really great time. It's awesome to see so many people on the streets in the downtown area, like a busy weekend on the Plaza.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Another first friday!

Post by QueSi2Opie »

dangerboy wrote:
DiggityDawg wrote:Killer pics...I gotta get down there & check one of these out some time.
Definitely. It's a really great time. It's awesome to see so many people on the streets in the downtown area, like a busy weekend on the Plaza.
Those galleries are wonderful and those streets should be filled everyday with art lovers and people watchers. I've been to many of the galleries before, but never on First Fridays. I like seeing all those people walkin', it's great exercise for an overweight city :twisted:
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.