I just realized something! ;)

KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

A while back (a week) I thought about the lofts going in downtown, then it got me thinking more. I realized that we are putting lofts in the vacant buildings and even non vacant ones like Merc. Bank which will increase the people downtown, and skyscrapers like City Center Square, Transamerica Tower, One Kansas City Place, etc... can become full again, then, with those buildings full, that leaves no room for other businesses. Those businesses wishing to move to the (when everything happens) lively downtown will have to build their own buildings. Which of course would result in a few skyscrapers. So I am really happy we are filling in the vacant building's with lofts. I bet one day many years in the future, City Center Square will become retail and lofts. (as it just has that residential look to me ;))
Also, with the entertainment district going in, downtown will be even more alive. Also, land will be constricted inside the loop, which adds more skyscrapers and forcing some companies outside the loop connecting the two downtown skylines.
Does anyone like this sudden realization?
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

Getting people to move back to downtown and reusing buildings that have outlived their commercial usefulness are both great things. You are right, downtown will never be completely successful without the people. Buildings alone don't make a city.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I think what you should be hoping for is a major HQ to move downtown and build a skyscraper. That would happen a lot sooner than every single unit downtown getting rented out. That's a major task for *any* city.