C'mon EDC -- Get to Work!

Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

Why wasn't anyone trying to save the Golden Ox???????? TIF the mother!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: C'mon EDC -- Get to Work!

Post by dangerboy »

Good2Great wrote:Why wasn't anyone trying to save the Golden Ox???????? TIF the mother!
As sentimental as the Golden Ox was, bad business decisions should not be rewarded with public subisdies. Other new restaurants are opening in the West Bottoms, so obviously it's a viable location for people with a good business plan.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

I ate at the Golden Ox once and thought it sucked. They way over-cooked my steak the first time and then when I returned it, the second steak was completely under-cooked....and to top it off, the guy was a complete jerk about it...glad to see them go!
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

dangerboy wrote:
Good2Great wrote:Why wasn't anyone trying to save the Golden Ox???????? TIF the mother!
As sentimental as the Golden Ox was, bad business decisions should not be rewarded with public subisdies. Other new restaurants are opening in the West Bottoms, so obviously it's a viable location for people with a good business plan.
UMMM....Farmland was certainly worth a huge incentive plan!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Good2Great wrote:
dangerboy wrote:
UMMM....Farmland was certainly worth a huge incentive plan!
Not to mention the highly successful Butler Garage...Can someone explain to me why the city should be in the parking development/management business?
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by TheDude »

golden ox was still serving steaks from the great fire of 1958; heard they have a huge underground freezer where they stored the "precooked" cow carcasses. re; butler garage--remember parking cost $5 at kemper prior to it getting built? now its $10, and the $5 increment is going to subsidize butlers garage (ie, joe schmo is subsidizing the garage) unbeknownst to the public. doesnt matter anyhow, after 3 years of huge losses, butler mfct is on the sales block and will be purchsed by a multinational corporation and moved overseas. (biz journal)
"ALWAYS be closing"