Riverfront, why not again?

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
GRID wrote:It comes from the treatment plant near Leawood park.

BTW, I rode that new section of trail from Leawood through Watts Mill. It's kind of like the roads, you know when you cross state lines. But they are trying I suppose.
Yep, the Johnson County Wastewater Plant.

I've rode that trail from State Line to Mid-America Nazarene College in Olathe. Another great bike trail is the Mill Creek Streamway Trail which goes from 125th Street in Olathe to Nelson Island on the Kansas River in Shawnee. Off the subject I guess, but does anybody recommend any other KC area bike friendly trails (paved or crushed limestone)?
So you have not ridden it east of State Line?

I want to ride the whole thing from near 99th and Holmes to southern Olathe. They just completed the part that connects Olathe to OP.

I thought the bridge was out that connected Mill Creek to the KS river Island, is that fixed now? That trail is great, but there always seems to be so many bugs. Could be just bad timing.

Other trails. Trolley track is great. But another very popular trail is the Little Blue Trace. It follows the Little Blue from northern LS to northern Indep. I know there are other trails all over the city, but they seem short compared to Indian Creek, Mill Creek and Little Blue. I have not done Longview in a long time, but that was a good trail. I hope it still is.

The Northland is building a ton of new trails and they should start opening next spring.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It never smells too bad by Downtown, only out by I-435 ocationally. But the same could be said for major waterways in any major city.
I drive across the L&C Viaduct twice a day, and it smells like sewage more often than not. Either sewage or, sometimes, baked goods.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

GRID wrote:So you have not ridden it east of State Line
Wasn't complete the last time I rode the trail.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by TheDude »

YO, thanks for the warning on Jumpin' Catfish, ate there once and i will continue to avoid that nasty place. Dont they serve road kill? And what are you smokin' re: Lake of the Ozarks? That is one of the nastiest lakes i have ever seen--construction debris, rr ties, trash, body fluids, etc. Wouldn't eat anything out of that lake either.

I agree the MO does not smell, its the treatment and manufacturing plants located along it. My point is that i wouldn't want to drop $500k on a riverfront condo with a view/smell of an industrial park. Best thing for Riverfront Park is a new stadium, city owns the property and could lease it for $1 per year from here to eternity. If we cant get downtown developed, why does anyone think a national developer will want to invest in the Riverfront?
"ALWAYS be closing"