Downtown KC housing vs. Downtown Denver housing

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I dare say we already today have more people living downtown than denver does....just from what I've seen of denver housing.....

but yes, the world is next.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KC wrote:I dare say we already today have more people living downtown than denver does....just from what I've seen of denver housing.....

but yes, the world is next.
There are currently 67,000 people who live within a one-mile radius of Denver's downtown core, which includes the Highland District, Lower Downtown, La Alma, Golden Triangle, Uptown, Five Points, Curtis Park and Jefferson Park. Their definition is 6th Avenue to 38th Avenue and York Street to Federal Boulevard.

There are about 11,000 people living in a one-mile radius of KC's downtown core, which includes Quality Hill, the Garment District, the Crossroads, the River Market, 18th & Vine, the West Bottoms, and Crown Center. Our definition is 1st Street to 31st Street and Paseo Boulevard to State Line Road.

So unless my math is incorrect, KC needs another 56,000 peeps to catch up.
Last edited by QueSi2Opie on Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

sources on any of that info?

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KC wrote:sources on any of that info?
http://www.downtowndenver.com/housing/neighborhoods.htm

Click on each neighborhood to see the exact population.

I'm lookin' for a link that has the exact population of each of KC's core neighborhoods such as Quality Hill, Crossroads, etc.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'd say denver does have more.....I kind of figured....just not in the areas I saw.

that area is a LOT bigger than a 1 radius circle though.....it's like 1.6 mile radius....that area in KC would cover river to about 37th street.

There are about 11k people that live from the river to the south end of the loop.....that can be found by the census of zip codes....that doesn't include the east side, crossroads, crown center, et.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

actually here are 2 maps I drew...it takes a circle of 1.75 radius to cover the area their website talks about:

here is the same size circle and what it covers in KC:

I'd guess almost the same amount of people live in that area of KC.....see why we need to expand our thought of KC's downtown...every other city does.

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Not really a 1.6 mile radius from KC's downtown core, but okay. I thought the council said 10,000 peeps from the River to 31st Street in 2000?

I'm not goin' against what you said, but I've been to Denver three times and I can assure you that there are tons more people living in that city's urban core than ours!

While I provided the exact numbers for Denver, I'd like you to please provide the exact numbers for KC...if it's possible. Please? :)

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I have no idea the numbers...I'm just one man.

I was just putting in what a 1.75 mile radius would be in KC....it's not a mile circle like the denver propoganda would like you to believe....put let's go ahead and believe their population numbers, right?

I agree Denver has more people living downtown my point is we need to expand what our downtown is defined as....every other city is.

This has gotten so off track I'm splitting the topic...why can't we just celebrate KC gaining all this housing?

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KC wrote:I have no idea the numbers...I'm just one man.

I was just putting in what a 1.75 mile radius would be in KC....it's not a mile circle like the denver propoganda would like you to believe....put let's go ahead and believe their population numbers, right?

I agree Denver has more people living downtown my point is we need to expand what our downtown is defined as....every other city is.

This has gotten so off track I'm splitting the topic...why can't we just celebrate KC gaining all this housing?
I never said I believed their numbers, I jus' posted them. You're right, this is gettin' off track because you think I'm tryin' to argue with you, but I'm not. I love you KC, you're THE MAN!!! 8)

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

cool...must just be in an argument mood today....