kcskyscrapers.com has been redesigned

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Well after working on the kcdowntowndirectory.com project, I decided I liked the design kcteen set up so much, I wanted to join the sites together style-wise so I started working on a new kcskyscrapers.com

I've been testing for awhile now and finally decided it's as ready as it's ever going to be.

So if you never visit anything but the forums, check out the front page http://www.kcskyscrapers.com . I've made everything a little cleaner, all the projects and buildings give more information in an easier format and made a more widely used menu on the left....some had problems with the old top menu.

Please give me your impressions....my biggest beef is your screen pretty much has to be 1024 resolution to make it look right.....I'm trying to get a lot if info on the front screen so really no way around it.

If you run into a problem with any links/pages/menu or something just doesn't make sense, let me know...I tried to test everything but something is bound to slip through.

I've deleted some pages that just sat stale....if you have a feature idea that we don't currently have, let me know and I'll do my best to add it.

so please give the site a once over and give me your comments.

Thanks
KC
-kcskyscrapers.com admin
Last edited by KCPowercat on Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

one more thing before it's said....I have added advertisements....they are provided by google. I have been very against ads since I started this site and actually I still am. I'm giving the ads a test run. They are all text, no pictures, no popups, nothing vulgar, etc. They should actually start giving ads that are meaningful to KC interested people....I tried to blend them in and make them discrete. Please let me know what you think of them as well.

I don't think it takes away from the integrity of the site (if it even has any)...hell it's a lot less ads than a major city newspaper.....just trying something new and the ads I've seen have actually been pretty well targeted towards Kansas City interests.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

the ads don't bother me at all. As long as there are no pop-up ads, go for it! I also like that they are KC oriented.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Spiffy!

The ads don't bother me, either...I have the same type at my personal bulletin board. Saves me about 60 bucks a year in EZ Board charges.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oh yeah, the ads are nice. Unobrusive, no popups, no stupid banner. Dig it.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin