Posting from my new Kindle

Post by shinatoo »

so far this thing is awesome  the browser is beta but works fine
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Posting from my new Kindle

Post by geeman68 »

Seriously? You're posting from a Kindle reader?!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

yes.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I don't get the point of this new color LCD Nook.  If you are going to give up the features of e-ink, why would you want to carry a seperate device instead of just using a phone or pad?  You would think that they would grasp that the selling point of a seperate reader device is almost 100% the e-ink. 
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I don't get the point of this new color LCD Nook.  If you are going to give up the features of e-ink, why would you want to carry a seperate device instead of just using a phone or pad?  You would think that they would grasp that the selling point of a seperate reader device is almost 100% the e-ink. 
I have to agree.  I'm considering the Sumsung tablet when it comes out in wifi only so I don't have to lock into a 3G contract, etc with a carrier.  otherwise, I must might wait and see what other Android based tablets hit after the holidays.  I played with the Samsung and was worried that being smaller than the iPad might be a disadvantage but I honestly think the slightly smaller form factor works great as a pad/handheld.  You can't really work the iPad with one hand or really two (holding it) especially if you need to really type anything while the Samsung can be operated by holding it and not having to set it down on your lap or table which I think is a plus.  Once all the apps are available and optimized for the tablet form I think they will have a very good option versus the iPad.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I think there will continue to be a strong market segment for e-ink devices.  I just got a kindle and love it.  But it seems like a non-e-ink reader device that isn't also a phone or pad has about as much future as a manual clothes washing board. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the samsung galaxy tab is actually pretty cool. had a chance to play with one this week. of course, you have to deal with samsung's... ahem... "customization" of android.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

The Galaxy tab looks pretty neat, but I have a feeling there are going to be far more powerful Android tabs on its heels with Gingerbread, which will hopefully eliminate at least some vendor's insistence on crappy custom UIs. Obviously many makers think this is a good thing and it sets them apart from the rest, and that's fine, but someone really needs to deliver a vanilla Gingerbread tab with a dual core cpu > 1Ghz. Anyone? Please?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin