What's the big deal about Texas...I think the state sucks!

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

With the Big 12 Tournament in Dallas this year and next, I was just thinking about KC's need for a new downtown arena. I will give Dallas credit were it is due. I've been to the AA arena to watch a Mavs game and it's pretty damn awesome. It makes Kemper look like a High School gymnasium. But after all the glitter and bright lights of the arena, their downtown is not much better than KC's. The west side is pretty developed but nothing special. I think KC's downtown has tremendously more upside potential than downtown Dallas. With the River Market, Union Station and Crown Center, our downtown has the pieces, we just need to bring some entertainment and a new arena and the place would boom after that. I just hope the voters/residents of KC are not so short sighted that they shoot down any arena proposal. Maybe with the tournament being in Dallas, it will open up all the naysayers eyes and see what a world class arena looks like.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

read Whit's column today. He's pretty much bending over for Texas...I think it's a setup for a shot tomorrow.

Downtown Dallas is nothing special. West End is nothing but a chain food/bar mecca. Deep Ellum is too scary for even me to drink at.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc