Site detailing San Fran retail neighborhoods

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I happened upon this site http://www.sfbayshop.com/ showing all the different neighborhood shopping districts within San Francisco. I was blown away by the number of local retailers and restaurants in these "touristy" districts. Local merchants really seem to have more of a hold and cache there than they do here. Although they do have Union Square, which is loaded with ultra high-end retailers. I realize these outdoor "Brookside-like" neighborhoods are more conducive to California, but it'd be nice to see more distinct urban neighborhoods within KC--more locally owned specialty shops and restaurants.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

We do have a pretty good number of neighborhood shopping areas for a low-density metro of 2 million. In addition Brookside there is River Market, West 39th Street, Southwest Boulevard, Crossroads, Westport, and Waldo. And beyond the city there is also Northtown, Parkville, Weston, Liberty Square, Main Street in Lee's Summit, Independence Square, Johnson Drive in Mission, etc.