StL Blues break ground for new practice facility in StL Co

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

StL Blues break ground for new practice facility in StL Co

Post by StL_Dan »

brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: StL Blues break ground for new practice facility in StL Co

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I could honestly see the next Blues Arena being built in the burbs also, following the line of thinking with the Braves new stadium. I'm sure Blues country is much larger in the West County areas rather than South County and the Illinois Side
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Cool concept for sure, but is it SOP for a pro team's practice facility to be 20+ miles from its home arena?

I get it would be hard to put a practice facility close to downtown. Honestly, I know so little about hockey, I'm not even sure how much they get to really practice. It's an NBA-type season, so after training camp, it seems like they're in constant travel-mode anyway.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Most of the downtown teams do practice in a suburban location. I know the Milwaukee Bucks practice in an inner ring suburb of St Francis, the Vikings practice in Eagen (South Suburb) - Its probably just cheaper to do this then build something downtown next to the arena.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm I could honestly see the next Blues Arena being built in the burbs also, following the line of thinking with the Braves new stadium. I'm sure Blues country is much larger in the West County areas rather than South County and the Illinois Side
actually no, "blues country" is quite strong in south county and illinois, and in fact perhaps a more hardcore following there than west county. theres a very strong blue collar fanbase. generally, though, i don't think there really is an area that's noticeably more or less pro-blues. even st. charles county is pretty heavy into NHL/blues/hockey. it drops off once you get into to real-deal rural missouri, beyond the exurban ring.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:00 pm I could honestly see the next Blues Arena being built in the burbs also, following the line of thinking with the Braves new stadium. I'm sure Blues country is much larger in the West County areas rather than South County and the Illinois Side
as far as i know, the financing on the scottrade renovations went through. it's hard to envision the blues not playing downtown, but who knows.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

warwickland wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 pm
as far as i know, the financing on the scottrade renovations went through. it's hard to envision the blues not playing downtown, but who knows.
Enterprise now owns the naming rights to the arena formally known as Scottrade.

Enterprise Center is currently going through a multimillion dollar renovation. Some of the upgrades won’t be complete in time for the season opening game, but many will. It’s going to be nice. Beginning with the replacemen of all the pink seats.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

Drawings and a video of the renovations: https://www.nhl.com/blues/fans/renovations

Here's an excerpt:

We're establishing all new NEIGHBORHOODS inside Enterprise Center, honoring St. Louis' rich history, music, brewing and hockey itself.

This season, we introduced local partners in Sugarfire Smokehouse, Lion's Choice, Hi-Pointe Drive-In and Byrd & Barrel into our food & beverage offerings. But we're not done and will be expanding our options even more with additional food & beverage experiences for next season.

New gathering spaces are being created for you to enjoy during pregame, intermissions and postgame, including views into the bowl.

We're also creating a better shopping experience with a re-branded retail look that includes a team store nearly double the size of the current True Blues Authentic Team Store.

warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

byrd & barrel holy shit