HyVee Main Street

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

HyVee Main Street

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Has anyone ever been in one of these? It looks like the size of a Walmart Neighborhood Market

I saw one of these in Unionville Missouri, and it looks like an interesting concept, they have a Cafe in them and as well as a pharmacy. It looks like they have other locations in Sioux City Iowa and Muscatine Iowa.

Seems like a cool concept, hope they bring something like that to the KC area.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: HyVee Main Street

Post by flyingember »

That looks to be an evolution of their drugstore concept. Could work well for them
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

BTW, I tried their delivery service...
https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/

The prices are same as stores (including weekly specials) and delivery is only $5, free with orders over $100. Worked pretty well outside a few items out of stock. They have option to replace with comparable item, which I didn't select. What is shown online is pretty much every item across all stores and the store delivering may not have some. Would be nice if it could track inventory by store selected when ordering. Can leave special instructions to your shopper per order. I had 2 produce items on order and both were good picks and not smashed.

Overall worked fine. You set delivery time within an hour - it was only 5 minutes late. I was watching live updates to order just before delivery hour and noticed the shopping didn't start until the beginning of the delivery hour, not like 15M beforehand. I was able to see what items were filled/out of stock and adjusted total just before the delivery. The delivery person is different than the 'personal shopper' who fills the order.

Would use it again, but mostly for convenience sake maybe not as routine - though prices generally cheaper than midtown/downtown stores.

More here...
https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/customer ... tions.aspx
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Looks like HyVee online ordering is succeeding as they are adding a fairly large local fulfillment center in KC. Maybe it will allow for metro wide (and downtown) delivery and not restricted to certain miles from a store...

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... enter.html

Their service does seem to be better and more comprehensive than other local grocery delivery options I've tried. Amazon Fresh local delivery also expected to hit KC at some point. Tried Google Express and it was fine but would recommend HyVee online to people who have issues getting out to shop for basics/produce.