CORTEX (St. Louis)

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

CORTEX (St. Louis)

Post by warwickland »

I can't seem to keep track of everything going on down there on the southern fringe of the central west end, but I went for a walk to check progress out one sunday, recently. there are also a number of decent new construction residential projects and interesting adaptations nearby, including reuse of a facade for a new multistory apartment building. i think there are at least 4 cranes on the CWE skyline, plus one in midtown for a new SLU tower.

Last edited by warwickland on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: CORTEX (St. Louis)

Post by warwickland »

demolition is also progressing for huge swaths of former industrial right on I-64 next door to the ikea at the old federal mogul site, and as of this week the st. louis metalizing site on the west side of ikea.

nextstl.com

also, the former citywalk building which the whole foods is currently moving into is done:

i think it looks a bit too atlanta, myself...
Last edited by warwickland on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

plus an insane amount of med center expansion and random construction activity in the same southern section of the CWE:

warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

here is the master plan for the boyle ave corridor, which is what the pano above is a photo of...

it is sort of the north/south spine of CORTEX, with a commons and pedestrian improvements and access to a new metrolink station which isn't under construction, yet.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Koman is ready to break ground on their development at Clayton and Sarah. The new building will have 120,000SF of spec office space and is part of a larger development known as Cortex K. The project was unveiled at the end of May this year and was originally bound to have 93,000Sf of space. Construction should begin in Q1 2019.

Then there is this interesting pathway. I guess this will play a role in future phases.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

this is our golden egg, glad to see more stuff in the pipeline since we are due a recession. historically, st. louis tends to bring up the rear of these economic expansions with re: to new construction and has a lot of stuff get caught in the door in the past going all the way back to art deco skyscraper proposals...

not crazy about the surface parking in this area (not even new office developments in west county have this much surface parking) but the massing is generally proper and the pedestrian/transit infrastructure as good as we can do in st. louis.