Braums

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Braums

Post by mgsports »

Has a location in Salina,KS so maybe Topeka,KC area and other parts of MO/KS maybe.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Braums

Post by longviewmo »

Nope. Never. They only build within 300 miles of their farm.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

longviewmo wrote:Nope. Never. They only build within 300 miles of their farm.
Wow, that's true

http://www.braums.com/faq/

This is a good example to not just list random stores without doing research into them
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Springfield,MO is more then 300 miles from Tuttle,OK so maybe Ottawa,KS or into Miami County,Nevada and so on.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Read the FAQ. Approx 300 miles
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

I did and Springfield,MO is over that and has locations.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I almost went to the new Braum's location in Indy over the holiday weekend. "Settled" for El Pueblito's instead.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mgsports wrote:I did and Springfield,MO is over that and has locations.
I don't think you understand the word radius. If you had you could sell the idea better.

A 300 mile radius is halfway between SGF and Marshfield MO

Amazingly old Olathe is inside that same radius.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

flyingember wrote:
I don't think you understand the word radius. If you had you could sell the idea better.

A 300 mile radius is halfway between SGF and Marshfield MO

Amazingly old Olathe is inside that same radius.
Bring it! I'd love to see them compete against Culver's and Freddy's.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But it's more then Braums home in Tuttke,OK.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

flyingember wrote:
Well now, if we are going to get technical, it might be useful to reference the origin of Tuttle, where Braum's plant is located. The name is universally accepted as a Choctaw bastardization of the word turtle, a common and ancient reptile prevalent in central Oklahoma and possibly the oldest and certainly the longest inhabitant of that fine red dirt state. In those parts, it's not uncommon for folks to slur their R's or ignore them altogether, as old Jim Tuttle was prone to do, especially when his mouth was full of chew, which it always was.

Of course, to turtle is to turn up one's nose when regarding someone with contempt, never proper etiquette on an internet forum or public gathering of any sort, except perhaps by those with turtlenecks that are too tight, lest they be constraining enough to actually shut someone up, though that is of little use when a keyboard is involved.

As the turtle is a reptile and related zoologically to archosaurs (birds), the term radius in this case might just refer to the corresponding bone in a bird's wing, which may not necessarily equate to a radius of a circle as you suggest and could potentially be longer, since the bird's wing does not originate in the center of the torso.

Most importantly, the definition of radius in this case may refer to the shorter and thicker of the two bones of the forearm, a preferred point of contact when striking the jawbone of an ass, as it is less prone to collateral damage than the wrist and fist and a more appropriate use, in this particular case.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

taxi wrote:
flyingember wrote:
Well now, if we are going to get technical, it might be useful to reference the origin of Tuttle, where Braum's plant is located. The name is universally accepted as a Choctaw bastardization of the word turtle, a common and ancient reptile prevalent in central Oklahoma and possibly the oldest and certainly the longest inhabitant of that fine red dirt state. In those parts, it's not uncommon for folks to slur their R's or ignore them altogether, as old Jim Tuttle was prone to do, especially when his mouth was full of chew, which it always was.

Of course, to turtle is to turn up one's nose when regarding someone with contempt, never proper etiquette on an internet forum or public gathering of any sort, except perhaps by those with turtlenecks that are too tight, lest they be constraining enough to actually shut someone up, though that is of little use when a keyboard is involved.

As the turtle is a reptile and related zoologically to archosaurs (birds), the term radius in this case might just refer to the corresponding bone in a bird's wing, which may not necessarily equate to a radius of a circle as you suggest and could potentially be longer, since the bird's wing does not originate in the center of the torso.

Most importantly, the definition of radius in this case may refer to the shorter and thicker of the two bones of the forearm, a preferred point of contact when striking the jawbone of an ass, as it is less prone to collateral damage than the wrist and fist and a more appropriate use, in this particular case.
That was as beautiful as a Braum's lullabye!