Swmming pool connecting two buildings

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Swmming pool connecting two buildings

Post by flyingember »

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... =edit_2221
For the overseas investor who has it all, what better trophy to add to the portfolio of properties you will never visit than an apartment with its own “sky pool”? London may already have a fairytale Sky Garden, but now Irish developer Ballymore plans to introduce a “world first” all-glass swimming pool bridge between two apartment blocks in Nine Elms, allowing its residents to float 10 storeys up in the air.

Views of the [US] embassy from the pool are trumpeted as a key selling point. But it is a curious decision to suspend an all-glass bridge beside a building that believes itself to be at such risk of a terror attack that it cowers behind a 30-metre-deep bomb-blast zone.

Henry Pryor, a buying agent for wealthy clients, said he thought the plans for the pool were “genuinely crackers” and wondered “are there enough exhibitionists to fill it?”

“It’s not easy to say for sure what the extras like pools, tennis courts and home cinemas add to a home,” he told the Guardian. “But for the first time I can honestly say that, while my admiration for the architect is close to reverence, this absurd addition must surely be the biggest mistake I have ever come across.”
auntbigdog
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Swmming pool connecting two buildings

Post by auntbigdog »

Other than the fact that I would look down, hyperventilate in panic, and drown, this is a great idea.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Swmming pool connecting two buildings

Post by moderne »

Now that thanks to our tech devices our human attention span has been surpassed by that of goldfish, this seems appropriate.