Best BBQ Joints in America

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
kman
Strip mall
Strip mall

Best BBQ Joints in America

Post by kman »

Has the STL officially taken the title of best BBQ city in the Great State of Missouri? 2 joints in the top ten. Just asking?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/travel/tr ... index.html
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Best BBQ Joints in America

Post by chingon »

Hard to take nay list seriously that lists Franklin. It is perfectly "Austin": phony, pretentious, over-hyped and precious...but it is a loong way from perfect BBQ.

And Pappy's is solidly good, but nothing mind blowing. (Haven't had the other one, doubt I ever will).
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I've been to Pappy's and Bogart's. Pappy's is OK. Boggarts was a huge disappointment. No smoke ring, and therefore no smoke flavor, in their meat. Could have been done in an oven with no seasoning as far as I could tell.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

shinatoo wrote:I've been to Pappy's and Bogart's. Pappy's is OK. Boggarts was a huge disappointment. No smoke ring, and therefore no smoke flavor, in their meat. Could have been done in an oven with no seasoning as far as I could tell.
Boggarts kind of sounds like Jack Stack
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

stl bbq has come a long way in a very short time period...when i first moved back to stl from kc and had a random sampling of the "go to" joints, i was horrified... we are talking lots of inedible ketchup on burned leather.