Random Pictures of Kansas City

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
mlind
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Random Pictures of Kansas City

Post by mlind »

I love the picture of Teepee Junction.  The fact that is was built by someone at the Haskell Indian Institute struck a chord.  My grandfather, a farm boy from Coffeyville KS, went to Lawrence to enroll in KU in around 1910.  He arrived in Lawrence and stood in line in front the school.  After several hours, he realized all the people around him were Native American and that it was Haskell, not KU.
Joe Smith
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Joe Smith »

mlind wrote: I love the picture of Teepee Junction.  The fact that is was built by someone at the Haskell Indian Institute struck a chord.  My grandfather, a farm boy from Coffeyville KS, went to Lawrence to enroll in KU in around 1910.  He arrived in Lawrence and stood in line in front the school.  After several hours, he realized all the people around him were Native American and that it was Haskell, not KU.
A friend and I went down to the Royal last night and we stopped to hang out with some friends who come down every year to compete. We also had a few pops and ate some really good food.

This is the best ham I have had. Smoked for 11 hours at 200 degrees. I called it "Butter Ham". It melts in your mouth. It was cooked by our friends from Michigan.

There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot.   Harry Callahan

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.  Hunter S. Thompson
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mlind wrote:My grandfather, a farm boy from Coffeyville KS...
my hometown!
mlind
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mlind »

DaveKCMO wrote: my hometown!
Davd KCMO:

Do you still have family in Coffeyville?  My grandfather was inducted into the Coffeyville High School [Sports] Hall of Fame sometime last year.  I'm sure there was an article in the newspaper and I would love to get a copy.

Thanks.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mlind wrote: Davd KCMO:

Do you still have family in Coffeyville?  My grandfather was inducted into the Coffeyville High School [Sports] Hall of Fame sometime last year.  I'm sure there was an article in the newspaper and I would love to get a copy.

Thanks.
yes, but they don't save papers more than one day. i'm sure the journal has spare copies lying around... subscriptions have plummeted in recent years.

http://www.coffeyville.com/Media.htm

they no longer have a web presence.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Found this photo on the Web showing a moon over downtown Kansas City.

There is no fifth destination.