NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCPowercat »

Well I got it done, there is now a new kcskyscrapers.com photo album. Pretty much the same pictures but now in a much cooler format. Here are some features of the new online photo album.

-Ability for users to upload pictures. If you want your pictures shown, you can upload them. Let me know if you have any problems uploading them......I have to approve them first and make a thumbnail but now we can expand it where we see necessary.

-Ability to make comments on pictures. Might be fun to see what people have to say about any of the pictures.

-Indicators that show what "albums" have new pictures added...helpful so you don't have to look through them all for any new pictures.

- You can sign up with a username to upload pictures and set your own options.

Let me know what you think. Any comments, suggestions, or questions about how to operate it let me know....I know how to use it now but it might not be as staight forward for others. Thanks.

You can get to it from the main menu under "photos" on the main page or just hit it here: http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/kcpics/
Last edited by KCPowercat on Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

KC, you've inspired me! I'm taking the end of the week off and will use some of that time to "capture" the essence of KC on digital film! Thanks!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I hate winter photos unless there's snow on the ground. They give KC a grey skies, bare trees, brown patches of grass...looks so gloomy :x
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

Trees.....downtown????? I think your suburban mushrooms have fermented on ya chief!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCPowercat »

completely off topic but there is one place with trees downtown, Davis park...anyways, that got me thinking about one of my favorite pictures I took...not because it's a cool angle or anything, it's just got such vibrant colors.....don't you think?

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Yes, trees downtown...like the ones in the West Terrace Park, the Garment District, Quality Hill, 10th & Main, the Civic Mall, Barney Allis Plaza, etc. I wasn't talkin' about a f#$king forest! :evil: Colorful trees make any neighborhood, urban or suburban, seem more pedistrian friendly. I only like bare-naked trees if they're covered with light ice or snow. Let's not forget, one of downtown KC's missions is to add more trees and parks within the loop. Besides, this city is known for having more miles of tree-lined boulevards than Paris...now if we can jus' re-pave them blvd. potholes :wink:

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

I believe the proper term for the greenery you refer to is "shrubery."
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Aye, shrubery...that's it! Besides, it's jus' a personal preference for photos I enjoy viewing. Towering glass, steel, brick and concrete look better with a lil' green tree or park in the foreground.

Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

Agreed!
Cyburbia
Pad site
Pad site

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Cyburbia »

I think this might capture the spirit of Kansas City.

Okay, so it's Kansas City, Kansas, but still ... :)
Cyburbia - The Urban Planning Portal
http://www.cyburbia.org
http://www.cyburbia.org/forums
KCPowercat
Ambassador

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCPowercat »

come on now.....really shouldn't be dissing the city you just moved to should you? BTW, those are Johnson county tags......

Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

Beneath that stocking cap rests a pair of frying pan sized eye-glasses and a gallon of blush.....My God! It's Kay Barnes!!!!!!!!
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

I think this thread needs to inspire the creation of a JoCo Junk Car thread. I, for one, would scour the underbelly of the ShawLexa Crescent for the rust bucket of the weak!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCPowercat »

If you haven't checked out the website's picture gallery since yesterday, time to do it, I upgraded the software (thanks to Cyburbia) and it is 200 times better......you can add a username and add an album (but I can also delete them ;) ) of pictures...I'm sure nobody will abuse this...feel free to add an album and upload some of your favorite KC pictures. Just name the album your username and the space is yours.

You can add comments to any pictures as well....pretty cool stuff. Well, let me know what you think.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCPowercat »

Where are your pics at G2G?

Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

I'm lagging, but I'll get it done. Sidlined by a case of food poisoning from an unnamed suburban EDC event yesterday. Freakin Creme Brulee, I knew it was raw!
KCDevin

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCDevin »

is it free to use for us?
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by Good2Great »

It's free, but I wouldn't wish food poisoning on anyone!!!!!!
KCDevin

NEW WEBSITE PHOTO ALBUM

Post by KCDevin »

thank goodness, i would have been in trouble if it wasnt free :P ive even uploaded some photos of mine :) we went back to KC again today and i took and awsome photo of 1KCP that i cant wait to get developed, my digital photos didnt turn out that good though :(