Views from the South Loop

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Views from the South Loop

Post by Demosthenes »

So I went out walking around after I got off work today. I wanted to get pictures of the One Light construction, and figured the best spot to view it was from the park on top of the garage. Once I got up there I realized I had to take more pictures :) Man the views from that rooftop park are amazing. Very peaceful place to hang out.

I wanted to try and get photos from the Jones pool, but of course it was closed. Could have gotten pics from right above the site.

Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Views from the South Loop

Post by Roanoker »

Very nice pictures. The silver skies actually enhance the beauty of the silver skyscrapers. Thank you for posting.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

Good post! Keep shooting!
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

This out-of-towner says 'thanks' for the photos.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

Hey no problem guys. I actually went out and got some more photos today too, some lunch time pedestrian traffic downtown. I should get that up soon too.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I saw today that there were workers in the Jenkins Music building. I know that it's not really a building anymore, just a façade to a parking garage. But, they did take the opposite corner and build Arvest Bank there. Could they take part of the garage behind Jenkins and make retail space in the old façade again?
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

beautyfromashes wrote:I saw today that there were workers in the Jenkins Music building. I know that it's not really a building anymore, just a façade to a parking garage. But, they did take the opposite corner and build Arvest Bank there. Could they take part of the garage behind Jenkins and make retail space in the old façade again?
Yea if I'm not mistaken there is retail space in the ground floor of the Jenkins "building." I think I've seen it for lease. It looks like Power and Light is controlling the retail there, as it has the same kind of "placeholder" signs Cordish uses for their vacant space.