Random Shots of Kansas City

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Random Shots of Kansas City

Post by Demosthenes »

Okay so I think it's time we as a forum start posting more pictures of Kansas City. It's really truly the one thing that's seriously lacking on this site. KC is such a beautiful city, and it's time we start showing it off to the world once again. I remember years ago when we had several really good picture threads going, and it was such an awesome time. Maybe we can get back to that point again, or even better. Now that the weather is getting nicer I'm going to try and do my part.

So to get the ball rolling and gather excitement, I present a random collection of photos I took a long time ago but haven't posted. I hope that you enjoy! And maybe even some of you find inspiration :D

Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Random Shots of Kansas City

Post by Roanoker »

Your pictures are excellent. Thank you for posting them.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

I lived here in 2003-2004. You also caught a part of the building I lived in the West Bottoms back in the fall of 2004.

Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

Roanoker wrote:Your pictures are excellent. Thank you for posting them.
Ahh thank you! Your compliment means a lot to me, as you are an excellent photographer yourself. Your photo threads have been some of the best on this site in recent years.
voltopt wrote:I lived here in 2003-2004. You also caught a part of the building I lived in the West Bottoms back in the fall of 2004.

Wow, what are the odds that I'd capture not one but two of your past homes? Crazy.

How did you like living in the West Bottoms?
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

If you had posted a photo of JP Wine Bar, you would have gotten my former loft that was above it!

The West Bottoms was interesting - incredibly cheap at the time, and very little going on, except for the occasional inmate walking to the gas station from the halfway house. The train noises were beautiful and slightly sad - and the parties were quite fun, as we had the entire floor of a building at 11th and Hickory.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

voltopt wrote:If you had posted a photo of JP Wine Bar, you would have gotten my former loft that was above it!

The West Bottoms was interesting - incredibly cheap at the time, and very little going on, except for the occasional inmate walking to the gas station from the halfway house. The train noises were beautiful and slightly sad - and the parties were quite fun, as we had the entire floor of a building at 11th and Hickory.
Interesting, I used to know someone who lived in your loft above JP Wine Bar! Based on previous posts of yours I don't think you are him, though ya never know. When did you live there? And what a great loft that is! One of the coolest I've been in. Really like the two level layout.

And oh yea, lofts in the West Bottoms are just meant to be partied in! I bet it got a bit lonesome down there though. When I lived in the Crossroads (east) I felt like it was really quiet and I missed the vitality of midtown, but I'm sure it was way better than the bottoms. I can't even imagine the ghost town you lived in.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

harbinger911 wrote:dark, moody, seedy, gritty, depressing.... LOVE the pics!
Yea it's amazing how the West Bottoms bring out those emotions isn't it. I mean the day I took these pictures the sun was shining and it was like 80 degrees! Not a dark and depressing day by any means.
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

I lived on the other side, in the older building above what used to be the frame gallery.

I lived in this building, from 2006-2008.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.095041, ... nfNcKg!2e0
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I'll get into the photo mood- here is our beautiful plaza this morning.

Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

that's awesome! i swear it looks fake.
Demosthenes wrote:Image

where are these? is this under the 12th street bridge?
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

These are great!